Looking for Book: World War II Ballistics: Armor and Gunnery by Lorrin Rexford Bird

Im looking for "World War II Ballistics: Armor and Gunnery" by Lorrin Rexford Bird and Robert D. Livingston, published by Overmatch Press.

I'd really like to get my hands on a copy, but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells it.

Could any of yall help me on this subject? (I've done searches on this subject, but I believe one of the authors died).

[ February 05, 2008, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Sgt.Rock of Easy Company ]

• 1 month later...

Sgt Rock of Easy Company,

It's a wonderful book, and I'm sure you'll appreciate it all the more given the trouble you went through to obtain it. Was there, by any chance, an Errata sheet with the copy you saw? I ask because rexford said there was and promised to send me one, but I never got it. I you got one, I'd be happy to pay copying and postage so that I could see what got changed. I really think the book should be reprinted, for the good and simple reason there's nothing like it.

Regards,

John Kettler

I believe so. The short time I had to actually read some of the hard copy, I noticed in the back some of the same subjects as throughout the book. I'll look again, but I'm pretty sure its there.

I have photo's taken and saved to my computer (full book in .PDF now) and could just send you the Errata by email or the like.

Sgt.Rock of Easy Company,

Have checked my E-mail, to include Bulk folder, several times over a period of hours, and it's not here. OTOH, as crazy as it sounds, I've seen E-mail take days to reach its destination. Also, I just got through checking my E-mail address in the Profile, and it is correct. If keying it manually, it's 01, not o1.

Regards,

John Kettler

Sgt.Rock of Easy Company,

Thanks, and yes, the curse of the 10 MB limit! A spot check reveals success on the second go (four E-mails received), but I'm not entirely clear what I'm looking at. Do the JPEG numbers correspond to the page changes, which, so far, seem to be just graphs? If not, how am I supposed to determine where they go? Also, since you've presumably already been through the drill, do I need to resize the images to 8.5 x 11?

Regards,

John Kettler

Well, they're a little oversized to keep the resolution up. As for the numbers, yes, theyre in order except one. It goes: 219, 215, 220-228, 230, 229. A few were just a little mixed up in the back before I threw together a final copy for the pdf.

Other than that, the errata seems to be just a bunch of mished-mashed corrected graphs and a few pages on various corrected(or additions) topics. Ill check again and make sure everythings where is supposed to be, but if so, thats the errata.

• 4 years later...