• Announcements

• Battlefront.com

Special Upgrade 4 Tech Tips   12/27/2016

Hi all! Now that Upgrade 4 is out and about in large quantities we have now discovered a few SNAFUs that happen out in the scary, real world that is home computing.  Fortunately the rate of problems is extremely small and so far most are easily worked around.  We've identified a few issues that have similar causes which we have clear instructions for work arounds here they are: 1.  CMRT Windows customers need to re-license their original key.  This is a result of improvements to the licensing system which CMBN, CMBS, and CMFB are already using.  To do this launch CMRT with the Upgrade and the first time enter your Engine 4 key.  Exit and then use the "Activate New Products" shortcut in your CMRT folder, then enter your Engine 3 license key.  That should do the trick. 2.  CMRT and CMBN MacOS customers have a similar situation as #2, however the "Activate New Products" is inside the Documents folder in their respective CM folders.  For CMBN you have to go through the process described above for each of your license keys.  There is no special order to follow. 3.  For CMBS and CMFB customers, you need to use the Activate New Products shortcut and enter your Upgrade 4 key.  If you launch the game and see a screen that says "LICENSE FAILURE: Base Game 4.0 is required." that is an indication you haven't yet gone through that procedure.  Provided you had a properly functioning copy before installing the Upgrade, that should be all you need to do.  If in the future you have to install from scratch on a new system you'll need to do the same procedure for both your original license key and your Upgrade 4.0 key. 4.  There's always a weird one and here it is.  A few Windows users are not getting "Activate New Products" shortcuts created during installation.  Apparently anti-virus software is preventing the installer from doing its job.  This might not be a problem right now, but it will prove to be an issue at some point in the future.  The solution is to create your own shortcut using the following steps: Disable your anti-virus software before you do anything. Go to your Desktop, right click on the Desktop itself, select NEW->SHORTCUT, use BROWSE to locate the CM EXE that you are trying to fix. The location is then written out. After it type in a single space and then paste this:

-showui

Click NEXT and give your new Shortcut a name (doesn't matter what). Confirm that and you're done. Double click on the new Shortcut and you should be prompted to license whatever it is you need to license. At this time we have not identified any issues that have not been worked around.  Let's hope it stays that way Steve
    • Battlefront.com

Forum Reorganization   10/12/2017

We've reorganized our Combat Mission Forums to reflect the fact that most of you are now running Engine 4 and that means you're all using the same basic code.  Because of that, there's no good reason to have the discussion about Combat Mission spread out over 5 separate sets of Forums.  There is now one General Discussion area with Tech Support and Scenario/Mod Tips sub forums.  The Family specific Tech Support Forums have been moved to a new CM2 Archives area and frozen in place. You might also notice we dropped the "x" from distinguishing between the first generation of CM games and the second.  The "x" was reluctantly adopted back in 2005 or so because at the time we had the original three CM games on European store shelves entitled CM1, CM2, and CM3 (CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK).  We didn't want to cause confusion so we added the "x".  Time has moved on and we have to, so the "x" is now gone from our public vocabulary as it has been from our private vocabulary for quite a while already.  Side note, Charles *NEVER* used the "x" so now we're all speaking the same language as him.  Which is important since he is the one programming them
Sign in to follow this  
Sequoia

Andrew Fox. Permission please. Uniform project.

Hello Andrew. I didn't see a email link for you so I'm asking this way. I would like your permission to mod your uniform mods and post them at CMMODs. What I'm thinking of doing is:

Taking German uniforms and removing the insignia and renumbering them as South Africans for use as Dutch.

Taking German uniforms and removing the insignia and renumbering them as Poles for use as Norwegians.

Taking British Denims and adding red lapels and renumbering them as French for use as Greeks.

There are already scenarios available using the above named forces as the alternate nationality.

I'm not entirely convinced that using German uniforms for Dutch and Norwegians is the best route to go, so any comments from others would be welcome. I don't have anywhere near Andrew's skill at creating uniforms hence my need to "steal" his mods. Thanks.

Keep in mind when you do so that the dutch colour is a few tones lighter than the German field grey.

I would like to be the first to see the result smile.gif

On the other hand if you(andrew) would assist Sequoia........ ;)

(shameles begging)

Andrew, I did some cutting and pasting on your early FJ to give them a "more" 1940 look. Just been adding some of your stuff to it. Permission??

And Stoffel, please send me the "before my computer crashed-turn", I'm ready for some combat.

Cheers,

Painfbat

Originally posted by David I:

AndrewTF,

While I've got you on the line....about that splinter 4 pocket..... :rolleyes:

DavidI

Or maybe someone else from the modding crowd could take a shot at it?

Actually I have in mind a splinter jacket rather than splinter 4 pocket - the jacket was very similar to SS 1st pattern jacket. All you need to do is take a figure with an SS early camo jacket and apply splinter Heer camo on it (there are some samples of splinter around, for example one version of Adrew TF's winter PzGrenadiers) .

People do that kind of thing to mod vehicles, so it should be doable on a soldier, right?

Truth is, I have never drawn anything using a computer so I may be completely wrong here. Anyway, one can dream:)

Zwollo

Originally posted by David I:

Zwolo,

More like a camo smock? I would like to see both.

DavidI

Yes, camo smock might be the correct word for it.

I would also love to see both it and the 4 pocket, I just think the smock might be easier to mod given that at least the shape is there on the SS soldiers.

Zwolo

I have a Mod set that changes British to Belgians for use in Stoffel's Eben Emael Scenario. I renumbered the French uniforms and added insignia. I'd like some opinions before I put them up. Any volunteers? I'll email them to you.

I'd like to see some more 1940 scenarios with Belgians. I think there's 5 or 6 scenarios and ops with the Dutch. Eben Emael is the first with the Belgians.

And the ATF Fallschirmjagermod I worked on, as options they have stickgranates, pistols and blue uniform for the Co. Renumered to CMAK late for 1940 scenario's(Ypenburg Airfield and more on there way), like Stoffel's Eben Emael:

FJ194010001.jpg

Thanks, But the great looks are made by ATF, I just did some cutting&pasting, a little paint here and there to camouflage the bad cutting & pasting smile.gif .

I was doing some 1940 scenario's but the snowing Grau take's to much time at the moment. It took me many hours to finnish the 250-8, I just started the 250-9. I have a picture of the 250-8, but I'll post it together with the -9.

Cheers

SDKFZ250-8SNOW220001.jpg

I do have almost all german, and many Belgium names at home. I'll send them to you when I get home late this night.

Oh, on www.grebbeberg.nl a guide from EE post something. Maybe he has many Belgium names for you. I believe the topic was about Max Maier or something like that

See you at Carentan smile.gif