Andrew Fox. Permission please. Uniform project.

Hello Andrew. I didn't see a email link for you so I'm asking this way. I would like your permission to mod your uniform mods and post them at CMMODs. What I'm thinking of doing is:

Taking German uniforms and removing the insignia and renumbering them as South Africans for use as Dutch.

Taking German uniforms and removing the insignia and renumbering them as Poles for use as Norwegians.

Taking British Denims and adding red lapels and renumbering them as French for use as Greeks.

There are already scenarios available using the above named forces as the alternate nationality.

I'm not entirely convinced that using German uniforms for Dutch and Norwegians is the best route to go, so any comments from others would be welcome. I don't have anywhere near Andrew's skill at creating uniforms hence my need to "steal" his mods. Thanks.

Andrew, I did some cutting and pasting on your early FJ to give them a "more" 1940 look. Just been adding some of your stuff to it. Permission??

And Stoffel, please send me the "before my computer crashed-turn", I'm ready for some combat.

Cheers,

Painfbat

Originally posted by David I:

AndrewTF,

While I've got you on the line....about that splinter 4 pocket..... :rolleyes:

DavidI

Or maybe someone else from the modding crowd could take a shot at it?

Actually I have in mind a splinter jacket rather than splinter 4 pocket - the jacket was very similar to SS 1st pattern jacket. All you need to do is take a figure with an SS early camo jacket and apply splinter Heer camo on it (there are some samples of splinter around, for example one version of Adrew TF's winter PzGrenadiers) .

People do that kind of thing to mod vehicles, so it should be doable on a soldier, right?

Truth is, I have never drawn anything using a computer so I may be completely wrong here. Anyway, one can dream:)

Zwollo

Originally posted by David I:

Zwolo,

More like a camo smock? I would like to see both.

DavidI

Yes, camo smock might be the correct word for it.

I would also love to see both it and the 4 pocket, I just think the smock might be easier to mod given that at least the shape is there on the SS soldiers.

Zwolo

I have a Mod set that changes British to Belgians for use in Stoffel's Eben Emael Scenario. I renumbered the French uniforms and added insignia. I'd like some opinions before I put them up. Any volunteers? I'll email them to you.

I'd like to see some more 1940 scenarios with Belgians. I think there's 5 or 6 scenarios and ops with the Dutch. Eben Emael is the first with the Belgians.

Thanks, But the great looks are made by ATF, I just did some cutting&pasting, a little paint here and there to camouflage the bad cutting & pasting smile.gif .

I was doing some 1940 scenario's but the snowing Grau take's to much time at the moment. It took me many hours to finnish the 250-8, I just started the 250-9. I have a picture of the 250-8, but I'll post it together with the -9.

Cheers

SDKFZ250-8SNOW220001.jpg