Announcing: CMETO

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played CM-ETO all weekend and had great fun. It's now my official '3rd' CM game (CMBO was retired awhile ago).

Now to the resurrected cmmods.com for the most ETO-looking vehicle mods I can find. CM-ETO looks like a game I could go nuts trying out the most outrageous mods on. Self-restraint flies out the window!

Originally posted by David I:

Eichenbaum,

I sincerely appologize. In the event that I take on another project like this, which I doubt, I will make a greater effort to contact the artists prior to use.

DavidI

It's ok David smile.gif Appology accepted.

You have created a nice peace of work.

Keep on bringing the good stuff!

Nils

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

Oh FFS do we have to go over another one of these drama queen "you didnt beg me for permission to use my precious work"-discussions again?

Havent we all done this once already?

If you ever decide to contribute something creative in an area of endeavour that is meaningful to you, feel free to take that stand. Til then... prolly best to shut yer hole. :rolleyes:

I was going to say "no problem" with taking my scenarios but I noticed that they weren't even included in the pack smile.gif

By the way, I downloaded everything and set it up last night and it LOOKS GREAT! I am very excited about playing ETO scenarios again, I was getting kind of bothered by the vaguely middle eastern look of my bombed out towns in France and Germany. Thanks again for all the hard work. I hope your bandwidth doesn't run out on your server - I was getting a pretty good download time.

Nice piece of work, thanks for all the effort you put in bringing it all together.

Just in case anyone's interested, I'm offering an alternative NW Europe map:

2430.bmp

Just Control-Click (Download to Disk) it for all you lovely Mac boys out there, whilst a Right-Click (Save Picture As) should do for everyone else.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

Oh FFS do we have to go over another one of these drama queen "you didnt beg me for permission to use my precious work"-discussions again?

Havent we all done this once already?

If you ever decide to contribute something creative in an area of endeavour that is meaningful to you, feel free to take that stand. Til then... prolly best to shut yer hole. :rolleyes: </font>

Originally posted by David I:

Panzertwat,

(Check spelling twice, yep, Panzertwat it is).

Beautifull map, going on my copy tonight! :D

DavidI

LOL - It's Mr Panzertwat to you LOL

Thanks for the comments. Will try and produce some AK versions as per Junk's request...

It's fantastic, I love it!

...but I didn't give you permission to NOT use my scenarios... (nah just joking).

Seriously guys. The usual practice with Public Domain is that content may be freely distributed as long as it is not modified and attribution is given.

If you want to play differently, maybe the onus is on you to make that clear.

Originally posted by Kip Watson:

ISeriously guys. The usual practice with Public Domain is that content may be freely distributed as long as it is not modified and attribution is given.

We have been through those discussions, and I suggest you do a search if you are really interested in their result. I have no intention to rehash them, but I equally have no intention to let unwarranted insults by other posters go unchallenged.

Well, I said 'as long as it's not modified and attribution is given', which I wouldn't take to mean 'do whatever you wish'.

But you're a respectable guy and this is not really my argument - I was only making a point about usual practice for intellectual property in the Public Domain. I'm sure, your views being known, that no one would re-distribute your files.

...and seriously, if you think I was insulting you, then people in your town need to insult each other more often - you've forgotten how to recognise one! smile.gif

Nobody is under any obligation to ask permission to use them as you've already implicitly given it when you made them publicly available. It's not even a resonable expectation. When he said, "[thanks to all]...All the scenario authors at "The Scenario Depot" - I did not make a single scenario - all the credit belongs to them", you were covered. If you want individual accolades, post a thread that's titled, "I spent time making a scenerio, please thank me here."

Man, I can only assume that anyone arguing somantics on this point has, or has at one time had a vagina.

[ May 26, 2005, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: athlete ]

Originally posted by athlete:

Nobody is under any obligation to ask permission to use them as you've already implicitly given it when you made them publicly available. It's not even a resonable expectation. When he said, "[thanks to all]...All the scenario authors at "The Scenario Depot" - I did not make a single scenario - all the credit belongs to them", you were covered. If you want individual accolades, post a thread that's titled, "I spent time making a scenerio, please thank me here."

I am asking for big thanks, thats not what its about at all. Just seeing the few reviews we get at the SD is enough for me. The SD is a public site yes, but that in no way removes the rights of the designer to their work. Just because someone posts an cracked copy of a game on the net, at a public site doesn't make taking it and using it right either. We've been here before and I will say no more. I already said it was ok in this case, but again asking the author is common curtesy, but clearly many of you don't have that. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pzman:

The SD is a public site yes, but that in no way removes the rights of the designer to their work. Just because someone posts an cracked copy of a game on the net, at a public site doesn't make taking it and using it right either. [/QB]

Originally posted by athlete:

Man, I can only assume that anyone arguing somantics on this point has, or has at one time had a vagina.

What exactly does this mean? If it's intended as an insult, it's not. About as infantile as saying someone or something is "gay" and hoping that it is derogatory. The world has pretty much grown up past that point - pity you haven't.

It was a joke. Mostly I intend them to be funny...I don't really consider the relative maturity of them. If people smile, mission accomplished.

I'll explain: A stereotypical woman (not all women, not a real woman...a stereotypical woman), tends to get melodramatic about things that really don't warrant it. It was in reference to this stereo-type that my humour was founded. My buds and I will regularly, and in the spirit of friendly jabbing fire a 'don't be a girl', or 'Whoa, where'd your Adam's apple go?' at each other when we're displaying traits that each of us whine to each other about our significant others. It's mostly intended to snap them out of it, not really insult them.

The hypothetical "gay" comment would of course simply reflect someone's distain for all things pertaining to that lifestyle, and represents bigotry...i.e. there is not necessarily any reference to a specific behaviour, and lacks context.

Now, is it funnier?

[ May 26, 2005, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: athlete ]