OFFICIAL PATCH REQUESTS and BUG REPORTS Thread

OK I have made most of these points in the past but I have some more info on exact BMP numbers so worth pushing for this one again.

Springfield icon BMP number 25042 used in American section for Springfield instead of Garand again. I don’t see why an option to have the US Sharpshooter with this gun could not be included.

Browning M1919 MMG # 25031; # 2797 is used for British Vickers but it is present in game – BMP 1934

The French Hotchkiss shares it BMP with the Italian Breda as they are in same list it is noticeable.

Some small style points

British and Commonwealth should have the Thompson M1928 first with round drum and then box. It is the only allied SMG for many years but is shared with the US submachinegun. Squad stats would be different in this early period as well with the drum magazine.

I would like to see separate Besa and Breda tank MG icon for British and Italian tanks.

Free French use the US Colt Automatic rather then their own Modele 35. Clearly they could not before US entered the War. As pistols are hard to recognize in the game – this one is a minor point.

There are lots of BMPs of guns in the game that are not used but could be overwritten and used including 1905, 1909, 1918, 1919, 1922, 1923, 1925, 1926, 1927, etc, etc.

[ February 14, 2004, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Mark Gallear ]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK no I have covered British Airfoce planes before but this includes some new stuff!

Britain

No Airocobra in British or Commonwealth use (or even Free French as far as I am aware.) Appears from April 141 in British and commonwealth lists.

July 1940-January 1941 East and North Africa Gloster Gladiator MkII Bi-plane Fighter straffing

Speed 257mph(414kn/h)

Structure 140?

Weapons 4 7.7mm (0.303in) machineguns 6 straffes?

The Game has the Hurricane in this period it was very rare and could only be used to counter the better and more numerous Italian fighters.

December 1940 – July 1942 Hurricane I Fighter

Hurricane II A Fighter–Bomber appears in game from January 1941 should be Oct 1941 – at least Sept 1943 (It is still in use by Australian Squadron at least at this time.)

Maximum speed is 341 mph 549 km/h - it has newer engine rather than 300 mph in the game.

Hurricane II B fighter –Bomber appears in game from January 1941 should be Oct 1941 – end of Tunisian campaign at least. Game date is before it went into production!

Maximum speed is 341 mph 549 km/h - it has newer engine.

No 2 Free French Flight sent to Palestine to convert to Hurricane Is in Oct 1940. However later in war do not use fighters or Fighter bombers – use British and other Commonwealth for aircover in Desert war up until Tunisia?

Hurricane IID tank-buster appears in game should appear June 1942 should be fairly rare

2 x 250lb bombs.

P40C Kittyhawk fighter appears in April 1941. (Not used as a fighter but a fighter bomber by RAF as considered obsolete as fighter.)

Game stats

Speed 300mph

Structure 150

Armament 2 x 13mm, 4 x 8mm max 6 straffes.

P40-A is the Tomahawk I

British RAF from October 1941 – September 1942

Australian RAAF from June 1941 – April 1942

South African Airforce from June 1941 – September 1942

Speed 378 mph 609kmh

Structure 150

Armament 6x 8mm max 6 straffes.

Bomb load 3 x 500lb bombs

(P-40B is the Tomahawk IIA with 2 0.5inch and 4 0.3inch guns. The P-40C with seal sealing fuel tanks is the Tomahawk MIIB. )

Kittyhawk Mk I fighter-bomber used by RAF from June 1941 – July 1943

Australian RAAF used it from May 1942 – Sept 1942 and South African Airforce used it from May 1942 – Oct 1942

Speed 378 mph 609kmh

Structure 150

Armament 2 x 13mm, 4 x 8mm max 6 strafes.

Kittyhawk II Used by RAF from Sept 1942 to end of Tunisian campaign at least

South African Airforce from Sept 1942 –Oct 1942

Australian RAAF from October 1942 end of Tunisian campaign at least

Armament 6 x 13mm

Kittyhawk Mk IV Used by RAF from Sept 1943 to end of Tunisian campaign at least.

Used by Australian Airforce from Sept 1943 to end of Tunisian campaign at least.

Armament

6 x 13mm

max 1 x 1000lb under fuselage plus 2 500lb under wings

Beaufighter IC from November 1941 – Oct 1943

Speed 303 mph 488kmh

Structure 200?

Armament 7 X 7.7 MGs, 4 20mm cannon and eight 60lb Rockets or 2 x 500lb and 2 x 250lb bombs

Mainly used in Coastal Naval attack duties but could be used against ground targets - rare.

Spitfire VB appears April 1942 should be May 1942

Speed 350

2 x 20mm 4 x 8mm

Spitfire VC in use with South African airforce from October 1942-at least until end of Tunisian conflict

For New Zealand, probably use Australian Air force or make all British and Commonwealth types available.

Free French only has Hurricane I for 1941, then does Naval tasks, so have to use other Commonwealth types after that, until US supplies aircraft to Ex-Vichy Squadrons.

Poland has a Spitfire squadron later in Desert war but needs support from all of the common wealth lists.

US Airforce

Nov 1942 USAAF gets P-40 Kittyhawk Fighter- bomber (P-40F?) – in US Service called Warhawk and is used as a fighter not a ground attack plane. The ex-Vichy French are brought over to American side in Tunisia and equipped with this plane for Free French lists.

Germany

January 1941

First planes of the Luftwaffe - Me110s arrive.

Joined by Ju87s, Ju88s and He111s

April 1941

First Me-109E arrive

July 1941 Germans finally show up late in the game!

Have Me-109

Me-110

Ju-87B

May 1942 first mention of ME109F and Italian Macchi 202

Desert Airforce oob

http://orbat.com/site/uk_orbats/files/3/uk_rafdesert.pdf

On Hurricanes and index with everthing else!

http://users.belgacom.net/aircraft1/avion1/333.html

On Beaufighters

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/1998/11/stuff_eng_profile_beau1.htm

On Kittyhawks

http://users.chariot.net.au/~theburfs/p40MAIN.html

[ February 12, 2004, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Mark Gallear ]

After installing the original CMAK, for function testing I ginned up a Quick Battle. I set everything to random and wound up as Germans defending in Italy vs. Allied assault.

Here's the problem. I was given 2 x TRP, but received no FO. The mines, clutch of 250/9s, the recon platoon and Mk IV are nice, but the TRPs are useless without an FO to call fire down upon them. This may be an isolated incident, but it seems to me a serious one. Luckily, I had the presence of mind to save the game, so will be sending Madmatt the offending file. Has anyone else had high weirdness like this in a QB?

Regards,

John Kettler

I dont have time to read the entire thread, maybe it has been mentioned, but I'll just keep it short.

Prior to patch 1.01 you could place a PzIIIF into your scenarios, both through the QB and the Editor.

Now with patch 1.01, which was made to not let IIIFs only into the QB (but still avail. in the Editor), the PzIIIF is missing entirely, even from the Editor.

JW

Here's another problem I found, not with the game, but the patch instructions. The Read Me tells the reader to install the new BMPs and WAVs in their respective folders, but it conspicuously neglects to mention that those folders are in the Data folder. To people who don't know the game (newbies)

or those who haven't played in some time (me) this

omission can cause significant grief. I was perplexed until I started rooting around in the various CMAK folders.

Regards,

John Kettler