**** ROW V (Part 2) ****

Kingfish

This is the latest thread for the Rumblings of War Tournament.

Welcome one and all to the Rumblings of War Tournament. As with previous ROWs we begin with the Tournament Manual. This will describe the details of how ROW is organized and run, so please take a moment to read up on it.

OK, first on the list:

Deadlines

The deadline for the regular season is June 7th. This gives you 4 months to finish 5 scenarios, so you do the math as to file exchange rates with your opponents. Although TCP is not a requirment, I do suggest looking into organizing a session or two with each opponent if at all possible. Exchanging one e-mail a day will require three days to complete one turn using PBEM. A one hour TCP session may complete 5-10 turns.

AARs

AARs are mandatory, as in everybody writes one for each game. A minimum of 5000 words and 30 screenshots...each. Ok, I was kidding about that last part, but not about the mandatory requirment. Look at it this way, you get to play in a very challenging and entertaining tournament. You get to play scenarios designed just for you. You have a chance at winning a case of the finest South African Wine, delivered to your door free of charge. What do we ask in return...feedback. Let us know how you did, what you thought of it, and ways we can improve it. We appreciate your feedback. If you need an idea of what we are looking for in an AAR, let me know and I can e-mail you a couple of good examples.

Ace Pilot is now handling all AARs for ROW V. Please send these directly to him at: acepilot(at)yahoo.com

FOW

The moment the first file goes out the tournament is in full FOW lockdown mode. Loose lips sink ships, and they also piss off the tourney organizer [Mad] . Do not discuss anything about the tournament with anyone, even your dog. If you have a question that is FOW sensitive, e-mail me.

Dropouts & MIA

The Nabla scoring system cannot handle incomplete games, so we require all games to be finished. If for whatever reason you need to withdraw please let us know right away. You will not be penalized in any way by informing us in a timely manner. If you plan on being offline for an extended period of time please inform your opponents. Also, if an unexpected problem arises that prevents you from informing us (computer problems), have a backup plan so that a message can be sent. In this day and age everyone has a friend or relative with internet access. Have them e-mail me explaining the situation.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stikkypixie: I have reasonable flow of turns with yacinator. However, contact to Nefarious just seems not to work. Is someone reaching Nefarious without problems in group 1?

JPS

Well I resend my turn to yacinator just in case. I have no problems contacting anyone else so. Btw who is nefarious, I only know the email addresses and not the screennames.

[edit] Nevermind, I looked at the group listings.

For ease of reference, I'm going to post the AAR requirements near the start of each thread.

1. Send your AARs to me at acepilot88(at) yahoo.com.

2. Include the following at the start of each AAR:

Scenario name: [Scenario]

[Allied/Axis] Player name: [Screen name of AAR author]

Opponent name: [Opponent's screen name]

Score: [AAR author score - opponent score]

Group [X]

Email: [AAR author email]

3. Use the following file naming convention for your AAR:

[Your screen name-opponent’s screen name-scenario]

Thanks in advance - we're looking forward to some good reading. smile.gif

Nefarious: I have sent you the first file for Highlanders a few times now, but have not received any email in reply. Are you getting mine? If several people are failing to get your email at all, you may be getting spam blocked. Do you have an email address besides the Yahoo one?

Yacinator: Have sent you the most recent file in our game 2-3 times now. Are you receiving my email? I have not received a reply if you sent one.

One more time (I am sure you're all sick of hearing it now smile.gif ) but if you're using the original address for me that Kingfish sent out, I am NOT getting the email. I screwed up and gave Kingfish the wrong address originally. Just reply to the messages I send you and that should get to me.

Thanks,

Steve

Just a thought. Might have been brought up in previous ROWs. What about adding two more columns to the ROW Group Listing web page? One for the number of games a player has reported and the other for the number of AAR's a player has submitted.

I was trying to think of the think of the pros and cons that would go with it. Additional work for the tournament administrators. Players feeling additional pressure to move forward with their games or AAR's.

Originally posted by Platehead:

Just a thought. Might have been brought up in previous ROWs. What about adding two more columns to the ROW Group Listing web page? One for the number of games a player has reported and the other for the number of AAR's a player has submitted.

I was trying to think of the think of the pros and cons that would go with it. Additional work for the tournament administrators. Players feeling additional pressure to move forward with their games or AAR's.

This information will be posted here on a regular basis (usually once a week) as we get closer to the deadline. I'll take care of the games completed, Ace Pilot has the AARs.

hi all, esp. group 6 guys,

the lil bugger of a gfx card i have atm has started playing up again so i have had to stop playing for the momment.

The new card has been ordered and will be on teh way morrow, so i should be returning pbem files and starting off highlanders in hell hopefully this weekend when my gfx card arrives smile.gif

ps ill send this message to the group 6 guys later just in case you havnt seen it here.