Hats off to CDV

Hortlund

Oh fs, the forum just lost my post because of excess smileys. I'll try to sum it up shortly.

The box reads "ENGAGE THE ENEMY IN THE AFRICAN DESERT FROM 1940 TO 1942", err, what happened to 1943? Also "ARE YOU ABLE TO DEPLOY THUNDEROUS TANKS LIKE PERSHING, KING TIGER OR FIREFLY? THEN YOU'RE THE COMMANDER OF CHOICE FOR COMBAT MISSION 3 - AFRIKA KORPS". They also say the game contains 7 campaigns. Misleading BS if you ask me.

Also the HD requirements are screwed, the box states 900mb when the game takes up 1500mb...

Then the copy protection. It takes upwards a minute to start the game and it churns the CD and occasionally bluescreens due to "cd not present". Never had these issues with BFC versions or any other copy protected game (sigh, looks like I'll be doing some cracking today)

I guess this is what you get for being greedy, couldn't resist seeing CMAK in stores already, a week before BFC ships it. Couldn't even have ordered it since I don't have credit card access right now, but I should've tried to think somfink up. :(

But, enough with the whining. The game rocks! Two thumbs up for BFC! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll return back to the desert to play with my Portees, Deacons, Marmon-Herringtons and Lees. :D

I have no problem with the CD protection, game takes about 5 seconds to start.

But the only thing that is annoying is that I cannot use this with my emulated CD drive, this would be more suitable cause I hate changing CD's (ok, I dont have to change this CD for months now :D )

Originally posted by oneirogen:

Oh fs, the forum just lost my post because of excess smileys. I'll try to sum it up shortly.

The box reads "ENGAGE THE ENEMY IN THE AFRICAN DESERT FROM 1940 TO 1942", err, what happened to 1943? Also "ARE YOU ABLE TO DEPLOY THUNDEROUS TANKS LIKE PERSHING, KING TIGER OR FIREFLY? THEN YOU'RE THE COMMANDER OF CHOICE FOR COMBAT MISSION 3 - AFRIKA KORPS". They also say the game contains 7 campaigns. Misleading BS if you ask me.

Also the HD requirements are screwed, the box states 900mb when the game takes up 1500mb...

Then the copy protection. It takes upwards a minute to start the game and it churns the CD and occasionally bluescreens due to "cd not present". Never had these issues with BFC versions or any other copy protected game (sigh, looks like I'll be doing some cracking today)

I guess this is what you get for being greedy, couldn't resist seeing CMAK in stores already, a week before BFC ships it. Couldn't even have ordered it since I don't have credit card access right now, but I should've tried to think somfink up. :(

But, enough with the whining. The game rocks! Two thumbs up for BFC! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll return back to the desert to play with my Portees, Deacons, Marmon-Herringtons and Lees. :D

Suddenly ordering directly from Battlefront seem like a good idea.

Thank god I didn't buy the CDV version ;) .

//Salkin