The CMx2, PBEM poll

OK, Steve has said (here):

We do think this Forum represents the CM community more-or-less roundly.
So let's please, please, please try to keep this short and sweet, and give the BFC guys some direct, simple feedback from the people who populate this forum. More, rather than less, roundly...

If CMx2 is released without a PBEM option, would you:

A - Buy it

B - Not buy it

?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm, what's the point? Steve said they would try to get PBEM in. If they can't... then they can't and we'll have to do without. It's not like they don't want PBEM. Oh alright then:

C)Buy it but miss PBEM dearly and prick a Steve voodoo doll daily. :rolleyes:

Have a bit of trust in the BFC guys doing the right thing. Haven't they always? (except with Crusader AAs :mad: ;) )

A

Bought CMBO just for the novel solo 3D simulation, not until a couple of year later with CMBB did I pluck up courage to start playing PBEM. Glad I did as I've met some great folks from all over the world and is now how I play 90% of the time.

More options

(sorry Vadr)

If CMx2 is released without a PBEM option, would you:

A) - Buy it

B) - Not buy it

C) -Buy it but miss PBEM dearly and prick a Steve voodoo doll daily. :rolleyes: !

D) - Buy/Not Buy call based MOSTLY on the Demo and would only miss PBEM a little if it were not available.

Just two more options

As you know WE ALL like more options.

-tom w

[ March 01, 2005, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

A

Even without PBEM, there'll still be some form of multiplayer. Heck, even if it came without any multiplayer, I'd still buy it (provided the demo meets my expectations). MP can certainly add a lot to a game, but it'll never be the deciding factor in whether I buy a game or not.

B

Just to be clear - I assume PBEM refers to ANY type of head-to-head play that doesn't require both players to be online at the same time. Based on what others have said, I think this is the real appeal of PBEM. I'm not sure that distinction has been made in the other threads on this topic.