Inf vs Armor, how close do u need 4 nades?

i was playing this one staligrad mission, and i was trying to knock out a t-34 tanks that was 16m away, they had 3 grenades, but no other devise for knocking it out. 3 turns passed and they did nothing, they still had all 3 grenades, and i had the t-34 targeted, please help w/ advice to take em out with inf assulting tanks w/ grenades =).

(i tried posting the screen shot but i dont know how to do the URL thing, new at that)

Close assault range is around 20m-25m if I recall correctly. However, even if a tank comes within that range, chucking grenades at it (read: close assaulting it) is not something that will happen automatically. It takes a lot to close assault a tank - usually a life or two... :rolleyes:

Martin

One thing I've found that helps is having other units firing on the tank, units not involved in the close assault. If you can get the tank targeting them, the close assault units seem to buck up their courage and throw those grenades. Even if they take sporadic fire, they tend to keep their heads down. Distance wise, 16m should be close enough, I've taken out tanks with infantry as far away as 20m I think.