Biltong's Campaign Rules goes 'GOLD'!!

Originally posted by Peterk:

It was on my to-do list.

Tip - if you start off as Regular and you really are Green, "someone" will come by to visit you after only a few battles anyways to set things right!

That's a nice touch.

But I need to use smaller battle sizes, and I might also like to tweak a couple of other things. Your tool doesn't seem to be customizable yet. Have you considered reading the die rool results from text files? That ought to be doable, unless it requires a redesign. Customizing the modifiers will probaby be much more difficult.

[ March 03, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Robert Olesen ]

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small bug: The custom campaign screen doesn't accept negative favor.

So if you try to input an existing campaign with negative favor, you suddenly find that your CO was replaced, and the new one hasn't been briefed abut your previous history ;)

Oh, and I'll try installing the SDK and see how far that takes me. I have programmed before, but not Java. Shouldn't be too hard to get into ;) though.

[ March 03, 2003, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Robert Olesen ]

> But I need to use smaller battle sizes, and I

> might also like to tweak a couple of other

> things. Your tool doesn't seem to be

> customizable yet. Have you considered reading

> the die rool results from text files? That

> ought to be doable, unless it requires a

> redesign

Yeah, I did think of it and designed for it actually but didn't implement because it makes those classes much more bloated and difficult to debug. Reading all those table values from a resource file turns into a surprising amount of very tedious programming...and I don't see _myself_ ever using it, so it fell down pretty low on the list.

In the meantime, maybe find a way of mapping what Biltaid gives you to your own values to use in the real battle...don't know if that's feasible for you though.

Source code's available to anyone who wants to have a go at customizing it.

> A small bug: The custom campaign screen doesn't > accept negative favor.

Just checked. Nice catch.

> So if you try to input an existing campaign

> with negative favor, you suddenly find that

> your CO was replaced, and the new one hasn't

> been briefed abut your previous history

Nah, that's not it. Your superior is just so happy you're using Biltaid he's feeling generous.

Enjoy the free-favor loophole while it's there guys..this is the next one to be patched!