Sound Mods

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dressler:

Hey Ncrawler, I noticed from the website you hosted the patch on that you're in Sherwood. I grew up in North Little Rock. Live in Little Rock now. Small world, eh?

Yes it is. I grew up in Clinton myself and moved to Little Rock when I got out of the Army and now live in Jacksonville. You are the first person that I have met on this forum from Arkansas...

For all: as to the patch, the link does not work so I am removing it from the webserver. If you need the patches, just email me at jjohnson@ci.sherwood.ar.us and I will send them your way. I only have access to this email address between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:00 pm CST, so if I don't send it to you today I will get it first thing in the morning...

Hello Meach,

Just double-click to launch the installer and direct it to your WAV folder at the appropriate moment.

If you're running the CDV version of the game, you may have to browse to "Combat Mission 2" rather than "CMBB".

If for some strange reason you don't like the new effects, all your old ones will have been backed up for you.

Very neat.

Teddy

**bump** this up for anyone that might have missed it. Just tried these sounds out last night and all I can say is Sweet!

They seemed to be more "intense" than the originals, the outgoing arty/tanks have that sound that isn't reproducable in words but the one that we've all heard on the War Chronicles documentaries. Very nicely done.

Now the only sound I didn't care for, and maybe it's just me, but the incomming artillery made me feel like I had Space Invaders the arcade game also running. I had an intense shelling going on and round afer round of that whistle- which for the game reasons obviously had to be shortened- was starting to annoy me a bit.

The rest of the pack though...top notch!

i'm amazed i missed this for so long, however i've a bit of webspace that i'm not using. it's on blueyonder UK so it'll be very fast for anyone close.

i'd be happy to mirror for you.

email me & i'll send you my postal address.

caveat: i'm in deadlinesville at work & ~3 weeks of full time decorating from moving into my new house, stress? hahahahahahhahahaha. yes a little bit. so there may be a few days before i can upload it.

Dear NCrawler,

I have installed your CMBO/CMBB soundpacks including the patches. They are simply amazing! smile.gif Great job, thank you.

I have two small issues:

1) The tank idle sound 00000133 has some static noise on my setup. I can hear the noise on both the CMBO and CMBB version. I hear the noise on the exe-version of the soundpacks as well as on the zip-version. Does anybody else experience this?

2) I have patched 00005001 (weather SFX) but for some reason I still experience the static click noise when the sound file loops. Does anybody else experience this?

Best regards

Mr. Die Easy

Originally posted by Mr. Die Easy:

Dear NCrawler,

2) I have patched 00005001 (weather SFX) but for some reason I still experience the static click noise when the sound file loops. Does anybody else experience this?

Best regards

Mr. Die Easy

Yes, I heared it too. I looked at the file and saw that it was sampled in stereo. I turned it into mono and now it worked fine for me.

I still get the 5001 click too, only in the game though??? When played back through the Creative or Windows Player I don't hear it. I've gone back to the original now, shame because i do prefer this modded version, quieter rain and more distant echoey thunder and arty.

Dear NCrawler,

I have installed your CMBO/CMBB soundpacks including the patches. They are simply amazing! smile.gif Great job, thank you.

I have two small issues:

1) The tank idle sound 00000133 has some static noise on my setup. I can hear the noise on both the CMBO and CMBB version. I hear the noise on the exe-version of the soundpacks as well as on the zip-version. Does anybody else experience this?

Best regards

Mr. Die Easy

Bump!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr. Die Easy:

Dear NCrawler,

Best regards

Mr. Die Easy

Bump! </font>

Why dont y'all tell what sound card you are using.I can clearly hear when the file loops,but i dont hear a "static click".I think it has something to do with your sound card.

I dont hear static on the tank idle either,and i have turned the volume of the .wav up alot to hear it better in game.

I have a old VIA AC'97 card thingie.

Originally posted by nevermind:

Why dont y'all tell what sound card you are using.I can clearly hear when the file loops,but i dont hear a "static click".I think it has something to do with your sound card.

I dont hear static on the tank idle either,and i have turned the volume of the .wav up alot to hear it better in game.

I have a old VIA AC'97 card thingie.

I'm using an SB Live Value sound card.. perhaps the driver needs updating for XP...

[ April 28, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Mick_Oz ]

Playing my first game with your sounds, NCrawler. Very nice job! Except now my PSW sounds like it needs a valve job... smile.gif

BTW I hear what sounds like breaking glass at the end of my 50mmL60 shots...is that supposed to be there or is that the "static" people are referring to?

- Matt

Oops, sorry all, been away too long. All of my sounds were developed using a SB Audigy 2 under Windows 2000 Pro. There are no 'clicks' or static in any of the files. I think that the majority of you probably either need to update the drivers for your sound and video cards (yes, your video card in conjunction with your sound card can be causing the problem) or you need to fiddle with the settings on your sound card. Don't forget about the BIOS updates for your cards as well. Turn off any type of 3D enhancement that your card may have and/or turn down hardware acceleration on your video card and see if that helps. You can also go the route that I have taken and buy a new sound/video card... smile.gif

Since I only have the one computer at home, it's impossible for me to test the sounds with a number of different sound/video combinations, but if all of your drivers are up to date (and compatible with the OS that you use) then your settings are the likely culprits...

One last thing you may want to try... Check out this utility: ReClock and see if it helps. Be sure to read about it on the site and the reasons why it may help. Cheers...

[ April 29, 2003, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: NCrawler ]