Sound Mods

Many thanks for your work on this mod. Excellent.

BTW - only one problem I've encountered. I kind of a 'static click' sound that seems to play with the 5001 file. Could it be something happenind when the sound loops?

[ April 11, 2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been following this thread for awhile and have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of these files, and then to my shock and dismay, found out it only comes as an ".exe" file...

Any chance of there being a .zip or other downladable format for us starved Mac players?

Originally posted by oneirogen:

If anyone wants them in a zip for you Mac users I've set up a temporary download at

port 21

Anonymous/Anonymous

if that is fine with Ncrawler?

I don't mind, that is fine... I asked earlier in this thread if any of the mac users wanted me to include an archive for them but got no reply. Thanks buddy...

havent downloaded the sounds yet... im on a modem so im making a friend do it for me :D

But my question is this: should i give up modding more sounds? are these better?

Dont get me wrong here... im not looking for any "yey praise the great lord Oddball" or anything... just wondering if these are good enough for everyone since i mainly mod for myself... it would save me some $ in internet bills ;)

Ok ok ok... ease down buddy... i was talking about future mods... the amb and pen will be released... theres just been (another) fly in the ointment... i had a high fever last weekend... and most of this week too... but ill upload tomorrow... i think (more up to my friend than me really)

Im gonna upload them in .wav format tho... so no more annoying converting...

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

DONT YOU DARE COP OUT!!!! i want the ambient sounds and i also want to hear the penetration sounds (no jokes please i heard em all kthnxbye)

NOW GIMME GIMME GIMME

tantrum.jpg

Wow, you're a lot younger than I thought you were. Do you do your modding before or after recess?

:D

Originally posted by NCrawler:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by oneirogen:

If anyone wants them in a zip for you Mac users I've set up a temporary download at

port 21

Anonymous/Anonymous

if that is fine with Ncrawler?

I don't mind, that is fine... I asked earlier in this thread if any of the mac users wanted me to include an archive for them but got no reply. Thanks buddy... </font>

I'd just like to say to everyone that have enjoyed these sounds and have given me thanks: It's my pleasure.

As far as the 5001.wav is concerned, it's either an oversight on my part or a product of the installer. At any rate, I will check it out Monday evening and post a patch if need be.

FYI. I will use codefusion to generate the patch, so we're not talking about another 20mb+ download here... smile.gif

Many thanks Ncrawler.

Oddball - I would carry on. I suspect that sounds, like model mods, are down to personal taste and I don't think that 'better' comes into it, just preference. I have installed the whole Ncrawler mod but, because of personal prefence I have copied over the original HMG42 sounds and your SMG sounds. I haven't a clue in most cases what it more realistic, I just like the sounds and, because I've taken the time to go through them I now know what is firing at me most times (and I suspect troops used to ID weapons by sound quite a lot too). Hence I stick to the very distinctive original HMG42, I want to be damn certain when one of those opens up (and I got used to that sound in CMBO) :D

[ April 13, 2003, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Hey Oddball, take Apache's advice here. It's all a matter of personal taste. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to quit modding because a rival mod comes out. In fact, it's actually a good thing. It makes us strive to produce a better product and that is good for the user base and the game itself. I'm sure it won't break BFC's heart if we keep the game alive through modding. It will have the effect of keeping people playing their older games which will in turn keep them buying their newer products.

Well i was just asking since i do the mods for my own personal pleasure... ive been doing soundmods since before CMBO but not really releasing them... but there was a lack of good soundmods for CMBB so i released my work...

if there is a modder that makes quite adequate mods i can just sit back and relax :D

im on a 56k modem so i dont exactly relish the uploads... tongue.gif

but i guess i will keep on churning out my mods... but at a slower pace... ok? :cool:

Well i have given my friend a cd with the mods on... he already uploaded the penetration sounds... hell upload the tank movement sounds soon and on wednesday he will upload the ambiance sounds... these are all in .wav format so they are quite big... 1.47, 4+, and 129 meg respectively...

but you wont have to convert them now :D

Ok, first, the 00005001.wav which I released has no 'click' at the end that can be heard when it loops, on my system at least. It more than likely has something to do with your sound card/directx/etc. I have a couple of patches that I am emailing to Scott so that he can post them alongside the main installers. For a VERY short time (like a day or so), you can download them from my companies website here: Removed or here: Removed. Like I said, this is only for a limited time as I am not supposed to be using my companies webspace. smile.gif Someone grab them and let me know if this fixes your problem. If the patcher says that the file can not be patched because the CRC's do not match, then you have a corrupt copy and need to reinstall the ambient file at least.

[ April 15, 2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: NCrawler ]