Sound Mods

I am currently putting the finishing touches on the installers for two sound mods. One for CMBO and one for CMBB. The CMBO mod contains 92 new sound effects while the CMBB mod contains 160. They will include selective installation and an uninstall option. The only problem that I have at the moment is that I am currently online with a 56k modem and my DSL will not be turned back on for a month or so. I need someone to host these mods for me. The installer for CMBO will be approx. 30MB while the CMBB will be approx. 45MB. I will be willing to send them to a host on CD. If you would like to host these mods for me, please send me a link to your site to jon165sherwood@aol.com and we can then work out the details of getting the files to you. I will also include comparison .wav's of the original sounds vs my mod so that users can determine if it is worth their time downloading such large files. IMHO, when they hear the MG34 and MG42 sounds, they will have no problem downloading the mods. smile.gif

Thanks...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

Does this installer thingie work for Mac too, or will this be another injustice we get to brood over at our Secret Meetings?

strt

Unfortunately the installer is for win32 machines only. As the files are windows wav files, you would have to convert them on your own anyway. Now, if someone who uses a Mac will tell me what format the sounds need to be so that they can use them, I could possibly convert them all and create a Mac installation also. Having no idea how many people use Macs to play the games, would this be worth my while? If you use a Mac and want this mod, reply here...

As soon as the (in)famous Wild Bill finishes testing these sounds out for me, they will be released.

[ March 17, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: NCrawler ]