New MOD: WINTER Tiger Pz VIE Early-grau

Hi all,

Here is my first mod! You can get it at CM Mods. Hopefully this will add to the look and feel of your favorite Stalingrad or winter '42 scenario.

ALSO: I removed the air recognition flag that is mentioned below and included it as an option in the BMP folder.

Cheers,

Cpt. Blue smile.gif

WINTER-Tiger-VIE-early-grey.jpg

[ December 31, 2002, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Captain_Blue ]

Nice. However...

I wonder if we can get a version without the swastika. I know, I know, realism and all that. But I'm uncomfortable playing a side with Nazi symbols on its units. It really takes away some of the fun because it makes me think about who they were. I have images of Auschwitz in my head when I see swastikas. Not what I want in a game.

It would be considerate of modders to make an alternate version of their mods without swastikas so those of us who prefer a little less realism to enjoy the modding efforts too.

Just my $0.02 worth.

ian

Please, qithout swastika... especially because during winter '42 was not so easy to find german flags like those... 1st: no more problems with ari-identification (the airplanes were only russian... during that period and near stalingrad smile.gif )

2nd: it would have proven a very good target reference point... on the snow.

Regards,

Francesco

Hi,

There is an optional BMP with the mod that removes the flag.

That's a good point about the air flag being a good target for the Russian planes... I hadn't considered that.

In the future, I will make sure to include any swastikas as options... I understand that it can be disconcerting & distracting.

Thanks for the input smile.gif

MikeT,

You can do whatever you would like with the mod. smile.gif

I can't run CMMOS on my Mac, so I am used to installing all mods manually.

If you want to email me (yuanf@mac.com) the CMMOS version, I could upload it to replace the current version on www.cmmods.com

Bog - I replaced the screenshot that showed the swastika flag with an updated version after the comments from the others.

cheers