New Combat Mission game Announced. Combat Mission: Afrika Korps!!!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a lover of CM, but does this mean that to run the game we will still have to use the old Nvidia drivers (looks like there's no chance of Nvidia fixing there drivers), by the time this comes out the 38.72 wil be very old. All ready my Freelancer prog promps me to get newer drivers. If this is a rewrite of the CM.BB engine whats BF postion on Nvidia drivers, (who gives you or them) ?????

Originally posted by CombinedArms:

I have one question, referencing the FAQ:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Which nationalities will be included?

Currently the list of included nations is as follows. This list is subject to change.

USA

Germany

Italy

Britain

Canada

Australia

New Zealand

Poland

Looks good to me, but shouldn't France also be on the list? French forces briefly resisted the Allied Torch invasion, then came over to the Allied side and fought, IIRC, in Tunisia and Sicily, and definitely in Italy. It would seem to be a shame to leave them out, esp. since the French are already modeled in CMBO. </font>

I as the rest of the CM players am looking forward to the new release.

I hope to be as historically accurate as the rest of the series for one additional reasson:I am from Greece and from an island very close to Crete so I know very well the difficult georgaphy of the area,simular to Sicily and Italy but different from north africa,which had played a major role on the operations there and would be difficult to be assimilated on the scenarios in my opinion.Also,in Crete there were many different forces consisting the defenders of the island including elements of the greek army(the main part of it was fighting in north africa),new zealands,british,local policemen and of cource the main force there was CIVILIANS and PEASANTS mainly responsible for the heavy loses of the Germans,as I was told by people who knew some of those who fought there.In most of the cases their weapons where agricultural tools,knives and old pifles,as they weren't given any weapons from the regular army in the fear that the cretians might revolt against the king of Greece.Well,I guess it would be quite sourealistic to depict hoes and spades as part of the Allied arsenal!

However,I am sure it would be a great combat-game as the previous ones!

Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by Moon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Nice, although I was hoping the next game would be the full engine rewrite and would've been willing to wait a little longer for it.

Wacky, the wait for the new engine will be the same, with or without this. We're releasing CMAK "on the fly" smile.gif

Martin </font>

Originally posted by JonS:

[snips]

Interesting selection of countries, and no doubt BFC are more-or-less expecting quibbles and questions ;) They have a got special place in my heart though, by listing NZ as a seperate country :D

I wonder, though, why India and South Africa )and France) aren't included :confused: They both had fairly significant committments to the Desert and Italy. The Yarpies had two (or three?) infantry divisions in the desert, and later an armoured div in Italy, while the Indians were represented by at least one infantry division for more-or-less the entire war in the Med.

On a very much more minor scale, there were also some remnants of the Greek Army present on Crete.

Regards

JonS

Yeah, what he said. I'd also like to see the Brazilians represented (US organisation and kit, as I understand it). The Indians and SA (and come to that the Jewish Brigade) shouldn't be too hard, having basically British kit unless you want to treat the Vickers-Berthier LMG as being in some way different from the Bren. I'd like to see the Gurkhas get a special bonus in close combat, though.

I'd also like to see the French forces include Algerians, Moroccans, and, especially, Tunisians.

No excuses for not including the Royal Marine Commandos with proper green berets this time! I'm sure someone will want to write scenarios for Commachio and Termoli.

If "North Africa" includes Somalia and Abyssinia, might we hope for the inclusion of the King's African Rifles, the Abyssinian Patriot Army, and, joy of joys, the Somaliland Camel Corps?

All the best,

John.

John "I rather do enjoy minor twiddly campaigns and odd forces" D. Salt hath spoken.

And there was great confusion, wailing, and gnashing of teeth at the HQ of the multinational BFC Corporation.

Their staff had that to say:

Martin Turewicz: "Camels? We did not get horses in last time and he wants camels. He can have modded camel-dung."

Matt Faller: "He can have a King's African Rifle up his ****"

Steve Grammont: "I'll get the Weasel, does anyone have the directions to Sevenoaks, Kent?"

"The Brain": "Camels - now there's a challenge..."

Dan Olding: "Hmmm... Green Berets..."

We surely don't expect the aithiopian cavalry equiped with swords to make charge on italian aircrafts,but I think the Greek Brigade(El Alamein was on their highlights)is worth to be represented.After all we beat the italians invading from the north (read some british and americans neawspapers of the time) and made hitlers troops to involve on a war with us,holding large troops of the Germans exteremely needful in the eastern front(among them "Leibstardate" Division if I am not wrong).

The strategic assistance of the Greece to the Allies in the WW2,with the 900.000 of dead greeks,is something that even the most crazy polititian or journalist of the time would dispute...

Only today the WW2-""""""neutral"""""" Turkey,the Bulgarians(Axis ally,then together with the winners againsts the loosers) and the Albanians(really,what did they do?)are among the most loveable allies of the todays winners.True,but then you don't have to seek for brave achievents,only hide and wait for the war to end...

Being a late arrival to CM i am only just getting to grips with CMBO let alone CMBB, and now this. I have some serious catching up to do. smile.gif

BTW is there any fog in the desert for us ATI users? or are there dust clouds instead of fog :D

Most features break with "standard" conventions, like spotting via sound, or misidentification of targets. Others simply do a much better job, like the instant feedback 3D LOS check. Still others go into uncharted territory, like the adjustable waypoint movement system and incredibly accurate armor penetration algorithms.

What does this mean? Break?

What is the adjustable waypoint movement system?

What are the system specs to run CMAK?

Still to be determined, but they will be equivalent to CMBB.

Help! "I have no weapons of mass destruction, and if you invade I will use them on you!"

What does this mean, for someone whose sys just barely runs CMBB? Seems to be self-contradictory?!?!????

[ ] I've got it made- start saving bucks! smile.gif

[ ] I am sweating bullets, maybe yes, maybe no! :mad:

Eden

any answers on the nvidia front for the new version. Seems like same engine new game call me EA, this is not to down CM (I love it) but against the new Il2 ww2 game the graphics look a little lame. I know the stats behind the garphics will be better but in the end eye candy sells. Sad but true

Hate to be a spoil sport, but another game stuck with Borg spotting? Noooooo!!! :(:(:(

Oh well, I'll probably buy it anyway. smile.gif

So does that mean the first CM game based on the new CMX2 engine will be the Early War?

- Chris

[ April 04, 2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]