There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, The Peng Challenge Thread, Stretch Out And Wait

Short and Sweet....

You have entered the Peng Challenge Thread so I hope you wiped your feet on the way in... if not, then you must be a SSN (Scum sucking Newbie) So I suggest you take a hike over to that Other Thread where they greet all newcomers with Tea N Teacakes...or you could just Sod Off .

If you insist on staying, then fine, I'm sure someone else will fill you in with the rest of the rules.. or maybe just fill you in...

Either way, you lose, so you may as well Sod Off now....

Still here! Persistent bugger eh?

Then pull up a chair by the fireside, looks like the Bard has a story to tell.. although I wouldn't get to close as we've run out of fuel.

[ September 09, 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: YK2 ]

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Thats a Thread Title!

It gives me pause for reflection on this Thread of Threads.

To think that one can skip town for a week, a month, a year, and come back to this board and find old friends and new friends still keeping up the good works. To return to the moans and groans of faux annoyance and pick up as if there were no gap in time.

This Thread is endless and timeless, it is like an old friend that will always be there.

To the Olde Ones who started this and the countless ones who came after and renewed and continued this Thread

Thanks

Might i add some constuctive criticsism? Don't reply to rhetorical questions and try some slight retooling here.

Retoolnig you i say? why YEs indeed i do!

You see this thread has devolved into nothing but an over 40's chatroom from aol. The onyl difference is that you guys have seen Monty Python Movies/sketches and like them alot.

Also the Jim Boggs incarnation is quite not even worth mentioning how bad, when maknig a new screen name try something new and edgely like i don't know say, INtrusive Newbie? Has some potential but alas would probably never be realised by this lot...or perhaps, who knows.

With that said, would the silly chap Lars please send a turn as it would be much pbem.

Oh and the lots of rest of you, stop slaving for hours in front of your keyboards for hours and sometimes days to come up with posts, and if you insist on not breaking the habit, at least send some turns to each other while trying to break the block head writers ineptitude, no wait i mean the writers block.

With that said i bid you all 2 dollars.

[ September 09, 2003, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Gaylord Focker ]

gaylord, you never cease to amaze me with your complete lack of substance. I started this post to flame you as you so richly deserve, but I realize (probably a bit to late) that you are not worth the effort. You are in Coventry to me. I only hope others can see the smoldering uselessness you represent for what it is; Nothing.

Now, who's up for a good singsong, eh?

Originally posted by Leeo:

gaylord, you never cease to amaze me with your complete lack of substance. I started this post to flame you as you so richly deserve, but I realize (probably a bit to late) that you are not worth the effort. You are in Coventry to me. I only hope others can see the smoldering uselessness you represent for what it is; Nothing.

YOu call that substance? Bah plum bug!

This is exaclty my point.

YOu see , no you don't but just pretend or imgaine that you do and look at it like this, Leo is a blathering imbecil deserving no less than to be stoned with biscuits at townsquare, then drawn holding a quarter which would symbolise the size of his brain or other organ.

THis would at least be a start on the road to nowhere.

Leeo, stop reading this you foolish pyrate shucking flumbergasting of a worble hind.

[ September 09, 2003, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Gaylord Focker ]

Originally posted by YK2:

Short and Sweet....

You have entered the Peng Challenge Thread so I hope you wiped your feet on the way in...

Now that's a thread title! And I did wipe my feet, er, paws, all four of them, on the way in. We mice are actually quite fastidious, except for the fact that we cannot operate those humongous things you call commodes, the handles are too high. So we are forced to leave you litle presents, usualy tucked away in the corner of your kitchen cabinets. Why there you ask? Well, that's where the food is, and while your house might seem right-sized for you, but that bathroom, or loo, or whatever you call it in your neck of the woods, is damn far away when your legs are only an inch long. So we mice make do the best we can. Unless you are Hoe Squaw. Then we try to make it to the bedroom, and leave them on your pillow... or inside your favorite stodgy old banker shoes...

So YK2, when do you break out the wine and cheese? Especially the cheese part. Just a few crumbs? I promise not to run across your slippers while you are stretched out and waiting for the Bard...

Originally posted by Mouse:

Then we try to make it to the bedroom, and leave them on your pillow... or inside your favorite stodgy old banker shoes...

So YK2, when do you break out the wine and cheese? Especially the cheese part. Just a few crumbs? I promise not to run across your slippers while you are stretched out and waiting for the Bard...

Ok, now one of you try and say that this does not look like something straight out of the 40 and singles chatroom on AOL.......

Mouse, you disgust me, no, dusgust is far to good a word to describe even the petulant stink of your name. YOu are not more than a dissipating unpleasent odor found most commonly in public restrooms after a Joe Shaw type characters sloshes his way out of a stall knee deep in his own manuever instead away from your tripe ridden post and instead figure out what the end of this post would be.

Originally posted by Leeo:

Ah a grand idea, as we await the Bard

Here's a new one for ya:

Untitled

The night was cold, the fire was low, the ache was burning warm

The emptiness, the hollowness, a spirit without form

And yet inside, a long dead heart, a plea for help arose

To know the way, to feel the joy, without a faker's pose

The troubled soul, maintained it's goal, to spread it's hurt around

When laughter came, he screamed with rage, until there was no sound

A heartfelt song, too much to bear, was twisted beyond belief

A smiling face, an inner glow, he took as if a thief

And now he's back, to spin his tale, of contempt for those who know,

Of friends and trust, and inner peace, and things that do not show

So look inside, and see yourself, reflected in your glare

The answer's not, outside yourself. look inward with your stare

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

Here's a new one for ya:

Untitled

The answer's not, outside yourself. look inward with your stare </font>

Originally posted by Persephone:

Here's a bowl of milk and some catnip for you. You better get your own litter box though....I doubt that Kitty will want to share hers with you.

Bloody Oath!

As protector of the holy kitty litter, I'll do any one who approaches it with the idea of 'soiling' it.

Regarless though, I have first dibs on Nero's Cat as serf if he shows some perseverance (ie if he's stupid enough to continue posting here).

Mace

Originally posted by Wallybob:

I have here 18 mice specifically trained over a long period of time to squeak in particular tones,for example, this one (Squeak) is B flat, and this one (Squeak) is A minor.

I shall now play for you "The Bells of St. Mary's" (Grabs mallets and starts swinging at mice)

Hehheh! Heh heh heh heh!

*giggles*

Grue want to try joke!

<font size = 8>*swissssss</font><font size = 9>ssssss</font><font size = 10>ssssss</font><font size = 11>ssshhh*

*WHOOOOoooooooMMMMP!!!*

</font>

*silence*

Ooh.

*ponders*

Grue think Monty Python joke don't work when using 1 ton mallet on head of Wallybob!

*sweeps remains under carpet, then wanders off*

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

You see this thread has devolved into nothing but an over 40's chatroom from aol.

A bit like the last thread I started eh Gaylord ?

Hmmm let me think... there was me, and you, and well, as I recall you were having trouble with your stove...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mouse:

So YK2, when do you break out the wine and cheese? Especially the cheese part.

Sorry Mouse, I have ground parmesan and some buffalo mozzarella, that's about it really.. But feel free to help yourself. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mouse:

So YK2, when do you break out the wine and cheese? Especially the cheese part.

Sorry Mouse, I have ground parmesan and some buffalo mozzarella, that's about it really.. But feel free to help yourself. </font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Here's a new one for ya:

Untitled

The answer's not, outside yourself. look inward with your stare

I don't know...

It doesn't seem to go well with the image I already have of you, Boggsy. You know, the one with you in bib overalls, a straw hat, strumming away on your banjo.

Wait, you're from Florida, right? (Florida state motto: If you think we can't vote, wait till you see us drive!)

OK, scratch that visual. As a crooner, you'd have to be some kind of Vic Damone-y lounge lizard, doing your main show at 2PM when all the locals go to supper.

Nah, still doesn't fit with the song. Let me think on it some more.

Some updates:

Boggsie is back - BUT we havn't finished our game.

Leeo has grown exceptionally Looooong fingernails. His Uber-Finns don't know how to give up, while still breathing. They are hanging on like a Kiwi in a shearing shed. My gallant Russians are all over them - (see the above quote about Kiwis). Those boys are way too good to have a commander like him.

Boo owes me a turn.

Elvis owes me a turn.

Both games are just starting. That squealing you can here is from each of them, in two part harmony, practising for the inevitable loss each will suffer.

Just-a-reminder; Joe threatened to be back tomorrow. Make the most of the peace and quiet.

Noba.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Except LeeO, who promptly returned the file last night.

Like I'm in a hurry for that one.

Hey, promptness is my middle name! Whenever I remember to be prompt, that is.

I can certainly understand your reticence to endure the preordained thrashing you will be receiving at my hands. Whenever I remember, that is.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Oh yeah, all turns are out, so you bums need to get busy.

Ooh, goody!!! A MrSpkr turn will be waiting for me tonight!!!

I'll just drop everything and get right on that...maybe...or not...

SSN Hint Of The Day: Quote Adolph Hitler.

Now sod off.