Albert Seaton

I liked Moscow but Russo-German War is dry, dry, and dry. Just finished reading it and it was a struggle to get through it. I have heard the Zeimke and Erickson books are better for overall war in the east. Alan Clark's Barbarossa is a good general read and I like the Carell books too but people have strong opinions on his books as well.

Guest Sgt. Emren

I have read "The Russo-German War", and I think it's great. It's truly strategic in scope, describing divisional action. It has good maps to match (i.e. divisional level). There are also decent chapters about wartime politics in there.

I found the Battle for Moscow and excellent book. Watch it though - some of those with a hard-on for Carell may also take offence with Col. Seaton (ret) as he continually refers to Hitler as the Fuehrer! smile.gif

I managed to wade through Erickson's Road to Stalingrad by interspersing bouts of watching Scorched Earth (I think), taped from the History Channel. Erickson narrates and it covers both his books. Recommended!

Regards