• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Blazing 88's:

*Bump*

http://www.roqc.cdgroup.org/

Blazing,

Not sure why you bumped this thread, but thanks anyway. I'm relatively new to CMBB but the idea of campaign is always a draw for me.

I've gone to the Robert Olesen site (quick campaign), and I've downloaded the info there. (spreadsheet, rules, campaigns, and maps).

I skimmed over the rules, and will read them in more detail later. Sounds like a pretty neat idea though, and it looks like it took quite a lot of work to put together. Do you know if ROQC's is still being supported by Robert (or anyone else).

In any event, thanks for bumping the post, else I never would have seen it.

Rick

OK, first question on the ROQC campaign generator. I'm using Office 97 (Excell 97) for the worksheet. However on page 13 of ruleset, it indicates there is a customized toolbar named ROQC (which contains access to two die rolll macros.

This does not appear on in my spreadsheet.

I tried double clicking and left clicking. I did get the menu showing the available toolbars, but ROQC was not listed.

Any suggestions? Or can I do this without this toolbar?

Thanks,

Rick

Originally posted by Blazing 88's:

No problem Rickr.

That's why I bumped it.

As for your question, about "die roll macros"? I am not sure what your question is. Sorry.

I was mainly wondering how to use the spreadsheet, if I didnt have the toolbar button for rolling the dice, but I see that I do have the macros, and I can simply run the die rolls from the menu if I need to roll them.

Thanks,

Rick

Good bumping Blazing 88's.

I have searched a number of times for this sort of thing yet somehow managed to miss RQC generator.

I had started to write my own campaign rules. I had a 8 page sequence of play mapped out when I read this thread. 75% of what I had planned is cover by RQC generater so a lot of time and effort has been saved on my part.

To Robo, thanks for the time and effort you put in to producing this piece of work.

Finally. Has anyone coverted the Excel spreadsheet macro's to work with Open Office Calc? That would save me even more time and effort.

Cheers JT Fox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Greetings!

I also have recently discovered Robs fine work! It is amazing! I'm into my second battle with a platoon of SS Engineers in the North sector. I even went a little further and made roster sheets to micro manage the individual troops. I had a couple of questions for Rob, and he was very quick in answering them. If you can,try it with the Excel program. It is perfect. Just note that Open Office will not work. That was my only hang up.

Thanks again Rob for all your hard work!

keif149

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Read the documentation Axel ;)

Definitely not something you can just jump into. I've yet to try it out but reading the doco and messing around the spreadsheets has got me quite intrigued.

Thanks for all the effort RobO - I can tell a lot of work went into this.

Something like this should have been included in the CM1 series from the start as it adds a great deal towards immersing you in the struggle. Be even better to have it when also playing other people which could probably be done without to much tweaking. Your core units are just part of the greater forces on each side.

Anyway thanks again.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Arrrgh, I played a battle and did all the after battle dice rolls and filled in casualties data etc...

I then went to fill in step 6 in the "control sheet" and clicked the "BLUE ARROW" and nothing appeared to happen. I am using "open office" program.

Any help would be grateful.

I took up Rob´s campaign about a year ago - and had exactly the same problem. So I wrote him and he told me that you can´t use it with "Open Office" - something to do with the macros. So I DL´ed MS office - and it worked.

This was as I said one year ago - something might have changed since then.

My trial period for office has run out now - so I haven´t played since.

If it´s possible to use it with OO now it would be great.

cheers

• 1 month later...