Sign in to follow this  
Muso57

CM2 Mac Issues

CM2 Designers, my questions relate to the abiility of OS9 BO,BB and AK scenarios to be translated into the new CM2 format. As you know OSX cannot run CM. The new Mac G5s cannot run OS9. Therefore it would be a sad loss for Mac users if CM2 cannot access all of the great work accumulated over the years when they upgrade, as I surely will, to a G5.

What you call CM2 is, I assume, the new engine we're working on (working title CMX2). And yes, it will be OS X compatible, but no, it will not be anything like CM currently is. So I am not sure how to answer your question to be honest.

Martin

I know that as an Mac user, I hope that the new "engine" will be able to use the scenarios (conversion required?) from the older games. I do not doubt that this would be more difficult to program, but would be ever so nice.

PS: we are holding our breaths!

From the answers so far here and in the Tech Support Forum, it appears that neither the Mac nor non-Mac platforms will be able to utilise the creative genius of all those secenario designers work from CMBO,BB and AK. It's a real big pity but that's the way it is folks.

However, the good news is that CMX2 it is going to be very different, which I hope is code for much better.

Start making your maps in Mapping Mission, then they are portable between CMBO, CMBB and CMAK now and I am sure somebody will upgrade it for CM2 when the time comes.