Delta Peng, What's that Challenge You Have On?

Gamey Jeff strikes agin. Hais twae crack Tigers on a rise, kill 8 T-34s ain a single turrn, while mah shaills break oop on his armour. His setoop? Small hills, light trees, clear weather, 3000 points, partial fog o' war.

Wha didnye fit lak a man, laddie? Combined arms an' sum tactical finess? Oh tha's right, ye cannae guarantee a win tha' way, can ye? Cos ye noo guid enuff, eh?

Fat laddie wi' a baseball bat!!!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by OGSF:

Gamey Jeff strikes agin. Hais twae crack Tigers on a rise, kill 8 T-34s ain a single turrn, while mah shaills break oop on his armour. His setoop? Small hills, light trees, clear weather, 3000 points, partial fog o' war.

Wha didnye fit lak a man, laddie? Combined arms an' sum tactical finess? Oh tha's right, ye cannae guarantee a win tha' way, can ye? Cos ye noo guid enuff, eh?

Fat laddie wi' a baseball bat!!!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL...

Ye're a guid sporrrt OGSF. Ah'll gie ye tha' mooch!! Boot ye gootta see aht frrroom mah peerrrspectave - an' at's a wee hoot mon, frrrom wheerrr ahm saetin' !!!

McAJ

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

Ye're a guid sporrrt OGSF. Ah'll gie ye tha' mooch!! Boot ye gootta see aht frrroom mah peerrrspectave - an' at's a wee hoot mon, frrrom wheerrr ahm saetin' !!!

McAJ

OK, that tears it. How many times have you been told NOT to attempt dialects other than that cackling gibberish that the rest of the world knows as Australian?

Too many, right, Sparky?

After we finish this abomination you've foisted on me, (that's right, folks, idiot moi has agreed to do yet another AJ technicolor yawn of a set up) I'm gonna be all over you like a duck on a June bug.

Consider yourself warned.

Originally posted by Speedy:

Woke up in a tent this morning with 5 sheilas, unfortunately if memory serves me correctly all I did in the tent was sleep.

P.S.- Happy New Year and enjoy your hangovers.

Lucky them! You absolutely blew every man's fantasy. Fortunately we expected no less.

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

Keep practicing. One day you will attain 25% of my strategic brilliance.

You mean to say that one day I might attain one quarter of the tactical brilliance of a man who puts 75% of his tanks in scattered trees on wet ground in the rain (in version 1.0) and then is confused and disoriented when half of them get bogged?

Lil ol' me???

I'll take a rain check on that, thanks. (pun intended)

Originally posted by Slater_SS:

Anyone wanna play me it would be ma first multiplay with the game but been playing CM since cmbo I've got V1.0, E-mail me if u wanna play alslat@xtra.co.nz :D

Now here we have a condundrum lads ... on the surface it would appear to be just another SSN, albeit one who claims to be a Kiwi ... mind you his post is idiotic enough to have us easily believe THAT. Then he states in his profile that he's a student ... what IS the New Zealand equivilant of fourth grade anyway? In any case his post would lead us to believe that as well.

But, and here's the tricksey part (as our old friend Gollum might say), he claims that he's been playing CM since CMBO but he's never done a multiplayer!

Furthermore he has V1.00 and asks, ASKS mind you for a game! No challenge, no taunts, no style, no wit, no panache. Could it be that he's really NOT read the first post?

If you got this far then you're probably what we call a Scum Sucking Newbie, or an SSN. Since we are slow and old and a bit deaf in one ear, we like to pretend we're too good to actually face off against you in a game, so we will insist that you find someone else who's relatively new and challenge them to a game. The challenge should be witty yet not base, stinging yet not too personal. In short, you must "sound off like you've got a pair, but not sound off about your pair.
Now granted it was a pretty damned poor job of a first posting of the rules but it was dalem after all and we must make allowances ... I suppose ... probably ... against our better judgment.

So here's the problem in a nutshell, walnut I do believe. Shall we just tell him to SOD OFFFFF and hope and pray that he understands enough of the English language to comprehend that yes we really DO mean it and no he's really NOT welcome here OR shall we be kind to poor little tyke and explain the error of his ways?

Perhaps some evil outerboarder suggested with a leer and wink that "The Peng Challenge Thread's the place for a likely lad such as yourself to find an accomdating bunch of chaps who'll jump at the chance of a game with a Kiwi and no error mate." And he, with the beaming smile and vacant look of a recently lobotomized Australian, would trot happily off singing some version of "Ho Hi, Ho Hi, To The MBT I fly, I'll play CMBBBB, Ho Hi, Ho Hi."

Shall we grant him the benefit of the doubt?

I vote NO!

SOOOODDDDDD OFFFFFFFFFFF!

Your Mileage May Vary, Not Open to Members of BFC Or Their Families.

Joe

Well, the way this topic has taken leaves open a few specific questions...

First, Treeburst, talking of Valentine's day...you're really sure THEY have wives? Of the kind you dont need to blow up before you can use 'em? They might actually be able to replicate themself then...scary thought.

OGSF, in the meantime, presents us with two pictures of his "waibcam", but it's kinda hard to tell which one shows him. I guess he's on the left? That would also explain his inability to express himself in common english without me needing an universal translator.

Later we get to find out that Poo_Readily was 0wned by an "Ozstralian" because he lacks the basic ability to kill minor german tanks in elevated positions. I guess he would make a good, selfconfidence-building newbie trainer?

So, let's try this again. I challenge Poo_Rabidley for a fast and furious PBEM, something small, I'll take germans. Since he obvisiously is the superior CMBB Grog, I leave the setup to him. (Can't really be bothered, can I...)

My email is in my profile this time, although I'm still surprised that you guys can A) read and B) use email programms. But no, I'm not giving you a detailed location. You couldn't find Austria on a map anyway.

Happy new Sod off to ya'all.

MY MY JOE! and here i was being polite to u oldes! no i didnt read the first post i just read i can find a game here! TYPICAL god damn yank to be so arogant as to think we are anything like the aussies i hear they dont teach geography in ur country!! since America IS the center of the world or so they would all have us think so! enough about ur country I'am sure theres some bright yanks...........? Somewhere!

Yes iam only 16 but I have been playing CMBO since it came out in 1998 and also been playing cmbb since its release! and yes u may be superman on CMBB but u,ve probally had 70 odd years more than me with ur tactics wat ever! but I bet i can give many of u old veterans a good kicken! U may al snarl and have a laugh at that but its time to let the young blood flow through CM!

P.S Iam Scottish not Kiwi and no we dont wear skirts and eat haggis all day as most americans do because they seen it on TV once!

MY MY JOE! and here i was being polite to u oldes! no i didnt read the first post i just read i can find a game here! TYPICAL god damn yank to be so arogant as to think we are anything like the aussies i hear they dont teach geography in ur country!! since America IS the center of the world or so they would all have us think so! enough about ur country I'am sure theres some bright yanks...........? Somewhere!

Yes iam only 16 but I have been playing CMBO since it came out in 1998 and also been playing cmbb since its release! and yes u may be superman on CMBB but u,ve probally had 70 odd years more than me with ur tactics wat ever! but I bet i can give many of u old veterans a good kicken! U may al snarl and have a laugh at that but its time to let the young blood flow through CM!

P.S Iam Scottish not Kiwi and no we dont wear skirts and eat haggis all day as most americans do because they seen it on TV once!

Why is it that people from the area to the south east of Australia can't do basic spelling and punctuation ? It seems to be a noticable event in most of their postings.

Ponder if you will.

Noba.

Try the opponent forums from the main BB page, haggis-eating-laddie-in-a-skirt, until you grasp the concept of the MBT. Any concept will do, but we'll not hold our breath.

Now shoo! Mumma's calling. Seems they found your English teacher writhing in pain and close to death after reading your midterm.

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Slater_SS:

Why is it that people from the area to the south east of Australia can't do basic spelling and punctuation ? It seems to be a noticable event in most of their postings.

Ponder if you will.

Noba.</font>

Originally posted by Snarker:

Try the opponent forums from the main BB page, haggis-eating-laddie-in-a-skirt, until you grasp the concept of the MBT. Any concept will do, but we'll not hold our breath.

Now shoo! Mumma's calling. Seems they found your English teacher writhing in pain and close to death after reading your midterm.

Tst Tst... is that the best you could do Snarker?

I get the feeling you're all afraid of being whopped by a 16yrold.

He's a SCOT and that's good enough for me.

I bet he could beat the lot of you blindfolded.

Question is.....

Is ANYONE actually brave enough to offer this yung un a game?

I doubt it.

Anyhoo, I am forgetting my manners.

"Happy New Year" to each and every one of you. (Even if you are a bunch of yellow bellied yarbeless gits.) tongue.gif

Ah'll fit tha wee bugger! Taist haes maettle, an' ability tae stay tha course o' a single gam! Course, Ah'll squish tha halfling lak a bug on tha wrong aind o' a caber toss, boot hae'll gi' a gam.

Whuch wun was at agin?

Ahhh spoken like a true Scot!!!!

Slater_SS Vs OGSF

May the best Scot win.

Ah'll fit tha wee bugger! Taist haes maettle, an' ability tae stay tha course o' a single gam! Course, Ah'll squish tha halfling lak a bug on tha wrong aind o' a caber toss, boot hae'll gi' a gam.

Whuch wun was at agin?

My GAWD you ARE hard up aren't you? Or did Dame YK2 make you feel all ugly and mean ... you ARE of course, and those are your GOOD qualities.

Or was it the Scotch connection ... no, not the fact that he's SCOTTISH ... and no I DO understand that the Scottish people are commonly referred to as Scots and not Scotch ... when they're not being referred to as "Hey Stupid, yeah you with the skirt. Don't pee in the flowers ... at least not in public." ... no I meant that you were undoubtedly AT the Scotch again, damned fine Scotch mind you, the wee dram you gave me went down mighty fine it did, but obviously it affected what little judgement you have. DO consult with Peg before making important decisions ... or at least the wee Spaniel.

No good will come of encouraging the lad you know. He's a dim bulb and no error. Granted he's not Australian and has that going for him but he didn't even tumble to the fact that I was actually placing Australia lower on the evolutionary scale than New Zealand. He IS, unfortunately, a self-confessed Scot and do we REALLY want another of those around?

Btw, MrSpkr, have we decided where on the Goober Nation scale to place New Zealand? Hard to keep up with so many goober nations out there.

In any case I'd like to wish some of you a Happy New Year ... the rest can simply dream of the day I'll consider them long enough to wish them dead and buried.

Joe

Why anyone would boast of being a Scot is beyond me. The young'un probably would have done better just admitting he was a Kiwi, and let it go at that.

Bad enough Flamin AJ continues to try his hand at those unintelligable, driviling Scottish accented posts, we now have a young "braveheart" in skirts "come a challenging"

Of course OSGF is willing to give him a go, figuring "how gud could the wee lad bae, after awl I baen a playin this gammie a long taeme, Jimmy?" The real reason being he is tired of consistantly losing to everyone , is that it you Flaming puddle of Spaniel drool?

At least I admit I suck at the game, senselessly trouncing young lads to prop one's floundering feeling of self worth is hardly the way to start off the new year.

[ January 01, 2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Why anyone would boast of being a Scot is beyond me.

Kin ye name a single Noo Yorker tha' as contributed anythun back tae tha world ootside haes ain navel laddie? (An' noo, Liza Minelli didnae count.) An' engineer? A poet? A sodjer? Wha' didnye jus' menshun all tha Nobel Prize Winners tha cam frae Noo York?

Was at a Noo Yorker tha invainted anaesthesia? Tha steam aingine? Tha telephone? Pneumatic-tyre? Television? Thermos flask? Kaliedoscope? Vacuum? Colour photo? Steam hammer? Antiseptics? Penicillin? Radar?

Noo, ye festerin' clump o' badger dung. At were tha Scots. Di' ye knoo tha' more Scots hae won tha VC than Noo Yorkers hae won tha MoH?

A Noo Yorker ain a skirt as jus' tha, eh?

Ah bet ye suspaicted ye were a bog-braithed pillock tho, eh? At's guid tae ha' at confirrmed agin.

Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:

(A bunch of mind numbingly sensless blathering SNIPPED because I'm far too hung over to have to deal with it.)

So, let's try this again. I challenge Poo_Rabidley for a fast and furious PBEM, something small, I'll take germans. Since he obvisiously is the superior CMBB Grog, I leave the setup to him. (Can't really be bothered, can I...)

So, let me see if I have this right, Colonel Sanders. You stumble in here, unbolding names hither and yon (which might be OK on your very first post, but after that, it shows you're a slow learner), obviously never bothered to read the rules (the part where you aren't supposed to challenge a Kanigget, just lifeforms on your own level, like flatworms and the odd paramecium), toss off a mealy mouthed, big girls blouse of a challenge and TELL me I'm going to be the Russians and TELL me to send you a set up.

Do I have all that right? Did I remember every single, subtly flavoured nuance that formed in that misshapen melon that sits upon your sloped, acne covered shoulders? Did I? Because I would hate to leave any of your wry witticisms out. I would hate to have missed just ONE of your Noel Coward-like musings. Satisfied that I portrayed you in the proper light? Good.

Now hear this

Although it goes against all I hold dear and although my dance card is about as full as I like it.

I'll play you a game.

But! You set it up. You play the bloody Rooskies. And you send it TO ME!

1,000 pt. ceiling. Attack, defend, meet, it matters not, I'll sort you out and send you on your way.

Git.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Why anyone would boast of being a Scot is beyond me.

Kin ye name a single Noo Yorker tha' as contributed anythun back tae tha world ootside haes ain navel laddie? (An' noo, Liza Minelli didnae count.) An' engineer? A poet? A sodjer? Wha' didnye jus' menshun all tha Nobel Prize Winners tha cam frae Noo York?

Was at a Noo Yorker tha invainted anaesthesia? Tha steam aingine? Tha telephone? Pneumatic-tyre? Television? Thermos flask? Kaliedoscope? Vacuum? Colour photo? Steam hammer? Antiseptics? Penicillin? Radar?

Noo, ye festerin' clump o' badger dung. At were tha Scots. Di' ye knoo tha' more Scots hae won tha VC than Noo Yorkers hae won tha MoH?

A Noo Yorker ain a skirt as jus' tha, eh?

Ah bet ye suspaicted ye were a bog-braithed pillock tho, eh? At's guid tae ha' at confirrmed agin.</font>