Delta Peng, What's that Challenge You Have On?

Could it be a faded game from days gone byyyyyyyy?

And did I hear you say, you'd be a-beatin' me here today

To take me to that setup in the skyyyyyyyyyy?

This here's the Peng Challenge Thread, a.k.a the Mutha Beautiful Thread, a.k.a. the MBT, a.k.a. the Cesspool.

It's also a place you probably don't want to be.

We think we're funny.

We think we're witty.

We think taunting someone in an almost-not-Disney-rated sort of way, then lying wickedly about our performance in the resulting CM game is the height of sport.

If you got this far then you're probably what we call a Scum Sucking Newbie, or an SSN. Since we are slow and old and a bit deaf in one ear, we like to pretend we're too good to actually face off against you in a game, so we will insist that you find someone else who's relatively new and challenge them to a game. The challenge should be witty yet not base, stinging yet not too personal. In short, you must "sound off like you've got a pair, but not sound off about your pair.

And don't worry, no matter what you do and how you do it, we will throw things at you and jeer and tell you you did it wrong and to Sod Off. That's our weird.

Now that you've actually read all that, please Sod Off and let us old folk drool peacefully.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

We think we're funny.

We think we're witty.

How is that in any way consistent with the general feeling of self-loathing that continues to alternately ooze through this thread and rain down on the Outer Board and in the General Forum?

You don't think you're funny at all, and that's the problem! Whether or not you are or aren't not unfunny, your problem (the collective Your) is that you don't not think that you are or aren't unfunny.

Honestly.

Lock this one up and try again.

dalem, you useless hippy, I had a PERFECTLY GOOD set of rules put together (unlike the tripe SOME OTHER people have posted in this thread, not that I will mention any names or anything, hippie!).

For that, you must die quickly and painfully. Send a setup, small map, 20 turns max, 500 points max.

Hippieboy.

Steve

Very...droll?...dalem.

Just wanted to stop to say that I hates OGSF because he buys StuGs from the planet Krypton and I'm fresh out of Kryptonite. He should shortly win our present game with a score of something like a billion to - pi.

And I really hates Aussie Jeff because he buys stealth troops that chew me up and spit me out (pattooie!) and I never sees them. He will probably get a surrender from me shortly.

I also really hates Hiram because he only sends moves whenever he winds his sidereal clock.

And I really, really hates MSN because it keeps losing (loosing?) parts of incoming moves and I have to ask people to zip their files for me. I've downloaded PBEM Helper and I'll probably install it tomorrow, so anyone who's playing me, just go ahead and zip all files from now on, if you would. If you wouldn't, then expect a visit from me and my lucky 5-iron.

All the rest of you, I hates in a comfortable, familiar way that is tempered by the fact that most of you will have to work tomorrow, but I'm taking the day off. Along with Tuesday and of course, Wednesday.

Sucks to be you all.

Lousy title, lousy rules, lousy first poster ... what can you expect from Minnysoda.

I'd like to mention that Frontier Airlines has lost my baggage for three consecutive weeks now. Only the one set of baggage you understand, but it's been lost and not found for three weeks and I'm annoyed.

Also saw LOTR for the second time tonight.

Also surrendered to Berli ... finally ... it was pretty much a given after his arty barrage destroyed my defenses in the town before he even showed his face.

Joe

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

dalem, you useless hippy, I had a PERFECTLY GOOD set of rules put together (unlike the tripe SOME OTHER people have posted in this thread, not that I will mention any names or anything, hippie!).

For that, you must die quickly and painfully. Send a setup, small map, 20 turns max, 500 points max.

Hippieboy.

Steve

I'll let you in on a little secret.

As bad as Seanachai is about sending turns, I am worse when it comes to sending setups. I say I will, and I meant to, but somehow........ it just doesn't happen. Currently I owe setups to Marlow, Leeo, Stalin's Organ, and others not even in the pool.

I want to send them all, but it will take time. So if you really want the kind of pointy-toed, ****heeled buttkicking that an attorney truly deserves on the field of battle, then I suggest that it be you who casts the first stone.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I'd like to mention that Frontier Airlines has lost my baggage for three consecutive weeks now. Only the one set of baggage you understand, but it's been lost and not found for three weeks and I'm annoyed.

Joe

Oh, big deal. So you're out a couple of Piggly Wiggly bags and some thrift store cast offs. Cry me a river.

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Goanna the scaley one:

<font size=-1>Perhaps my return from the Rodina with tales of the winter you have only heard of in fables at the feet of your old sturmhampter grandfather is the best way to close this barnacle of a thread out?</font>

Perhaps you could SEND A FECKIN' TURN now that you're back. Although quite how you made it out of there in winter intrigues me - surely any Real Lizard should have waited until the spring thaw before crawling out from under his nice cozy rock?

In other Gamey Updates, Seanachai finally got his human wave under way after many many turns of suppressive fire on my poor machine-gunners. Said human wave promptly walked into the covered arcs of my reserve platoon, hidden behind the machine-gunners. Oh deary me. Hope he's brought medics.

At's nae nice tae mak fun o' tha poor afflicted amongst us....sae Ah'll ainly sae.. "RUN Boo Radley, RUN!

At were a MAJOR VICTORY tae tha Clan OGSF, due tae tha lads layin' tha smacketh doon, an' Boo layin' doon a smoke screen tae advance thru - but fergettin' tae switch haes smoke graphics on. Bah tha time hae realized tha daipth o' haes incompetence, tha smoke had all bloown awah!

At as tae laugh.

Originally posted by OGSF:

At's nae nice tae mak fun o' tha poor afflicted amongst us....sae Ah'll ainly sae.. "RUN Boo Radley, RUN!

At were a MAJOR VICTORY tae tha Clan OGSF, due tae tha lads layin' tha smacketh doon, an' Boo layin' doon a smoke screen tae advance thru - but fergettin' tae switch haes smoke graphics on. Bah tha time hae realized tha daipth o' haes incompetence, tha smoke had all bloown awah!

At as tae laugh.

How I loath you.

The only thought that brings me any joy right now is knowing that your karma is so screwed up that in your next life, I know you'll come back as something even lower on the food chain than you are right now.

What that could be escapes me right now, but I imagine it will be something along the lines of a Radio Shack clerk...or a Texan.

Now I mentioned in the previous-ness of this thread, words to the effect that Boo_Radley posts copious amount of dribbling wastes of bandwidths-s-s-s-ss.

I rest my case: THIRTY PERCENT OF THE PREVIOUS POSTS ARE FROM HIS KEYBOARD !

Latin would be, Dribbelus dribbelus.

Spare us. Go on holiday..somewhere there is no electricity and your laptop left behind. Thankyou.

Noba.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

You don't think you're funny at all, and that's the problem! Whether or not you are or aren't not unfunny, your problem (the collective Your) is that you don't not think that you are or aren't unfunny.

Michael having to read your post once was bad enough, but making it so confusing as to cause me to read it over and over again!!!!!

Well..... THAT JUST AIN'T FUNNY

In order to prevent the "cricketeers" from the other English speaking lands from highjacking this thread, and turning it into a shouting match of unintelligible babble in heavily accented, pommie, kiwi, and aussie English. I hereby announce that both the Giants and the Jets are in the playoffs. Although both teams play in a stadium in New Jersey, they are considered the New York teams, figure that one out will ya?

Noba , you promised a re-match man, too busy washing the poopie stains out of your cricket shorts, are ye? Send me a set up, something from 1941-42, I'll take the Krauts again, 1000-1500 pts. Do it quickly laddie!!!

Originally posted by Noba:

Now I mentioned in the previous-ness of this thread, words to the effect that Boo_Radley posts copious amount of dribbling wastes of bandwidths-s-s-s-ss.

I rest my case: THIRTY PERCENT OF THE PREVIOUS POSTS ARE FROM HIS KEYBOARD !

Latin would be, Dribbelus dribbelus.

Spare us. Go on holiday..somewhere there is no electricity and your laptop left behind. Thankyou.

Noba.

"Thirty percent starting from when? The beginning of time? Since this incarnation of the MBT? Since you became self aware? (Ewww...)

Give us a time frame, if you can tell time that is.

Whereas, YOU on the other hand, are a git. No, wait...that's understood.

Whereas, between the above post and this post were eight messages. Four were yours. Now, according to my cipherin', that comes out to 50%.

Talk about your verbal diarrhea...

Talk about your hubris soaked waste of bandwidth...

Talk about you behind your back because it's just so much fun.

Big frilly, Chicken Little, air horn.

Shaw, If you're going to be spending time in my old home town of Corpus Christi, you have to go to Old Mexico for dinner, or Snoopy's under the causeway for lunch, or Cotton's up in Robstown for ribs, or the Black Diamond Oyster bar for oysters, or...

Suddenly, I'm hungry. Is it lunchtime yet?

SSN Hint Of The Day: Talk with your finger in people’s faces.

Now sod off.