The Early Bird Gets The Peng Challenge Thread

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest konrad
Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

So who here are amoungst those who have played a TCP/IP game with lenakonrad ?

Gaylord ,if you will stop farting ,

I can even play hotseat with you.

Originally posted by YK2:

The benefits of a Chick Thread...

you can leave your hat on

you can leave your hat on

Stop all this inane chatter, the rest of you, and return to the pure, good, and ultimate purpose of this Thread: a Peng Challenge dedicated to The French, Pawbroon!

I myself will be weighing in here shortly with a princely post of some length, just as soon as I've found...le corkscrew!

Now, Gaylord, shut the hell up unless you want to post something meaningful, Konrad, very nice Nightmare, and why, in the name of all the gods, do the Dutch keep showing up here? Does anyone know? Isn't it tulip season, or something?

Carry on.

[ May 31, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I myself will be weighing in here shortly with a princely post of some length, just as soon as I've found...le corkscrew!
What the hell does this mean?.....another long-winded, self-absorbed, nonsensical tale of fornicating gnomes and urine soaked street bums.

Let me go douse myself with petrol now, this way I will have already been reduced to cinders by the time this windbag returns.

[ May 31, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

A thread dedicated to recognizing Pawbroon? Sure, why not? I bet I could pick him out of any line up.

p.s. Noba is a small yappy dog, whose one saving feature is that he's all the way on the other side of the planet. If he lived anywhere in the contiguous 48, I would feel it my duty to hunt him down and beat him to death with his own blunt wit.

p.p.s. And his wit is so tiny, it would take a long, long time to kill him.

p.p.p.s. And that would make it even more fun.

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Third Level of Hell!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:

<table cellspacing="1" style="margin: 5px; background-color: #000000; border: none; font: 10pt arial, verdana, 'sans serif';"><tr style="font: bold 12pt arial, verdana, 'sans serif'; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; background-color: #333333;"><th>Level</th><th>Score</th></tr><tr style=background-color: #220033; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Purgatory (Repenting Believers)</td><td style=color: #3344bb; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #110022; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)</td><td style=color: #3344bb; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #220011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 2 (Lustful)</td><td style=color: #c40033; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #330011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 3 (Gluttonous)</td><td style=color: #c40033; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #440011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)</td><td style=color: #4466dd; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #550011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)</td><td style=color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #660011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)</td><td style=color: #c40033; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #770011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 7 (Violent)</td><td style=color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #880011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)</td><td style=color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #990011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)</td><td style="color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">High</td></tr></table>

Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test

Seems about right, actually.

Here is how I matched up against all the levels:

Purgatory | Very Low

Level 1 - Limbo | Very Low

Level 2 | Very High

Level 3 | Very High

Level 4 | Very High

Level 5 | Very High

Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High

Level 7 | High

Level 8- the Malebolge | Very High

Level 9 - Cocytus | Very High

Results?

Fifth Level of Hell! Yeah, way to go!

--------------------------------------------------

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

Now that is what every member of the MBT should aspire to. Pure hatred, in every walk of life. Choke on it, you pillocks.

And Boo? Still no turns sent. Deal with it.

[ May 31, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: R_Leete ]

Originally posted by Mbjvx:

Soldiers,

Shaw, you twit, where was the grace in that insult?

Someone's sounding a lot like Gaylord .

Oh that wasn't an insult lad, that was nothing but truth.

And speaking of truth, I noted the following on your website listed under "Writings - The Pool" ...

(B) Haven't you fled yet? Please don't hesitate on my account, there's no time like the present you know. Oh my, persistent little beggar aren't you, don't say I didn't warn you. If you must you must I suppose…. Oh well, look then, please remember that this is the challenge of Peng, so perhaps you might consider actually challenging someone to a blood duel. None of these group grope challenges you clown. If you do choose to challenge, and please don't overlook the advantages of simply fleeing in horror, do remember the following:

{34} No ... you can't challenge me ... or another Knight, or really even a Squire. You Might be able to challenge a Serf I suppose and we don't care HOW many SSNuis’ you challenge. That would be best, come to think of it, challenge another SSNuis for our amusement. We need a good laugh.

Gee ... where have I seen this before? Here's a link for you lad, before you end up working for the New York Times :

Plagiarism: What It is and How to Recognize and Avoid It

Buh Bye

Joe

Well, let's see how I did on that test...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND LEVEL OF HELL

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.

--------------------------------------------------

Cool! Babes!!!

Show me the way to go to Paris

'Cause I'm tired and I want to indulge in a 6 course meal, with apéritifs, digestifs, and innumerable bottles of wine appropriate to each course, and then I wanna go to bed...

-folksong that never really caught on

the gnomish Olde One looks into deep into the eyes of each visitor to the Thread reading this post

I remember The French. What heady days those were, when Pawbroon posted on the Peng Challenge Thread. When we all learned that love could be 'self-inflicted'. When we wondered about the coming of 'the Scot from the North'. When, even when we knew what all this meant, we were still strangely confused.

That was the glory of 'The French', after all. One could understand every word, every concept could be crystal clear, and yet, ultimately, you were left with a vague feeling of confusion. The knowledge that struck to your very center that somehow, somewhere, someone was laughing at a joke that you might not be understanding on every level.

What, indeed, could be more French than that?

It made us stronger, better, and stranger than we were, to wonder if perhaps we weren't truly getting the 'entire' joke. And who could deny the surge of pleasure they felt when they'd read to the end of the entire post, and began to laugh softly at what they discovered when they'd put it all together mentally? It was as though reality were being run through a Babelfish directed by a witty and satiric intelligence.

strikes a contemplative pose, staring into the distance...only somewhat marred by taking a hurried and surreptitious quaff from a mug

I miss The French. In fact, in his honour, I am currently drinking French beer...

Alright, that's a lie, because the stuff is piss, and everyone knows it. But I am drinking...French wine!

At least I assume it's French wine, although there are these hastily and shoddily applied labels on the bottle that read 'Freedom Wine'. I bought it out of that section of the Liquor store that was labeled 'Victory Wines'.

It makes me proud to be an American to know that, in the wake of our recent liberation of significant energy reserves from the iron-heel of a dictator, that the people of this nation recognize every nation's right to set their own course, to speak their mind, to maintain a contrary position to any that would seek to dictate international opinion and actions.

What greater tribute to the French than that we should re-label their wine 'Freedom Wine'!

Because, of course, true tyranny begins when one voice speaks and tells the many not merely what they should do, but also what they should believe.

Not like France. No, in France, there is a cacophony of voices, all arguing about 'what is right'. And no one (well, except for Le Pen, of course), labels them 'unpatriotic', nor accuses them of 'aiding terrorism'.

The French sent us The Statue of Liberty. Of course, we've been working hard to 'redefine' what exactly is meant by

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me…

I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

My understanding is, they're working night and day to come up with a 'Statute of Liberty Limitations' declamation, the draft of which reads:

"Give me your wealthy entertainers, your right-wing dictators,

your migrant workers willing to work without any social security

Your trash, both high and low, that I can patronize

Send those willing to work for slave wages, and willing to run the gauntlet of my anger

I lift my lamp beside what's behind door number 1"

But there's still some rough edges.

But, I digress.

The fact is, when Pawbroon posted here, it seemed to me that Dumas, Rostand, and even that odd duck, Voltaire, posted here as well. That there was the whiff of Descartes on the wind that blew over the Cess.

We are a poorer Thread, with less to say, since he neglects us.

It is only by the postings of giants that a very small space can expand the minds of small-minded people.

Pawbroon, I salute you. The French. Yourself.

I'd post something moving and significant in French, but my French speaking friend, when raised by phone, was dead drunk and giggling! What could be better!

Allons enfants de la patrie,

Le jour de gloire est arrivé!

Contre nous, de la tyrannie

L'étendard sanglant est levé

Originally posted by Elvis:

Wankers.

Nice counterpoint to the dribblish post above.

Noba.

ps. Radley is a miniscule imprint on the photographic plate of life. As such, he will be edited out as soon as we spot the spot.

pps. TELSTRA (my service provider {of sorts} has mail server problems. I don't care, nor should you.

Oh I'm certain that I'm unfairly denigrating a fine and noble group, and it could be worse ... they could be Australians.

Joe

There goes Joe. Revelling in the safety of two things.

#/ This is the internet. No one sees him, no one hears him.

##] No one listens to a banker nowadays.

### Answering a potential slur with a challenge would be a total waste of bandwidth and time.

Joe. You do not register as as smudge on the radar of worthy opponents.

Noba.

Third Level of Hell.

In the third circle, you find yourself amidst eternal rain, maledict, cold, and heavy. The gluttons are punished here, lying in the filthy mixture of shadows and of putrid water. Because you consumed in excess, you meet your fate beneath the cold, dirty rain, amidst the other souls that there lay unhappily in the stinking mud. Cerebus, a canine monster cruel and uncouth with his three heads and red eyes, dwells in this level. He growls and tears at the damned with his teeth and claws.

Ahhhhhhhh Home sweet Home....

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Third Level of Hell!

<table cellspacing="1" style="margin: 5px; background-color: #000000; border: none; font: 10pt arial, verdana, 'sans serif';"><tr style="font: bold 12pt arial, verdana, 'sans serif'; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; background-color: #333333;"><th>Level</th><th>Score</th></tr><tr style=background-color: #220033; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Purgatory (Repenting Believers)</td><td style=color: #3344bb; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #110022; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)</td><td style=color: #4466dd; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #220011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 2 (Lustful)</td><td style=color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #330011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 3 (Gluttonous)</td><td style=color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #440011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)</td><td style=color: #4466dd; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #550011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)</td><td style=color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #660011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)</td><td style=color: #aa33aa; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Moderate</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #770011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 7 (Violent)</td><td style=color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #880011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)</td><td style=color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #990011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)</td><td style="color: #aa33aa; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Moderate</td></tr></table>

Take the Dante's Inferno Hell Test

[ June 01, 2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: YK2 ]

Originally posted by YK2:

Third Level of Hell.

In the third circle, you find yourself amidst eternal rain, maledict, cold, and heavy. The gluttons are punished here, lying in the filthy mixture of shadows and of putrid water. Because you consumed in excess, you meet your fate beneath the cold, dirty rain, amidst the other souls that there lay unhappily in the stinking mud. Cerebus, a canine monster cruel and uncouth with his three heads and red eyes, dwells in this level. He growls and tears at the damned with his teeth and claws.

Ahhhhhhhh Home sweet Home....

Er...sweet Lady...perhaps if we were to compare answers, consider questions, and work together to determine the essentials of damnation, we might, you know, achieve the Second Level of Hades together?

I'm only after saying...

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

====

Hmm. Seems I could get a job supervising lower levels then.

-dale

Here is my result.

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

<table cellspacing="1" style="margin: 5px; background-color: #000000; border: none; font: 10pt arial, verdana, 'sans serif';"><tr style="font: bold 12pt arial, verdana, 'sans serif'; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; background-color: #333333;"><th>Level</th><th>Score</th></tr><tr style=background-color: #220033; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Purgatory (Repenting Believers)</td><td style=color: #ff1133; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #110022; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)</td><td style=color: #c40033; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #220011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 2 (Lustful)</td><td style=color: #c40033; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very High</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #330011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 3 (Gluttonous)</td><td style=color: #3344bb; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #440011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)</td><td style=color: #3344bb; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #550011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)</td><td style=color: #3344bb; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #660011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)</td><td style=color: #3344bb; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #770011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 7 (Violent)</td><td style=color: #4466dd; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #880011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)</td><td style=color: #4466dd; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Low</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #990011; color: #eeeeee;"><td style="padding: 4px;">Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)</td><td style="color: #3344bb; background-color: #333333; padding: 4px;">Very Low</td></tr></table>

Take the Dante's Inferno Hell Test

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

[ June 01, 2003, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Gaylord Focker ]

Virtuous unbeleiver even though i answered i believe in God? Oh well, at least the company there would make for some interesting conversation.

Or mabe me and Caesar could play a game of CMBB.

You have all heard of the double post, well now i bring you the double edit!

[ June 01, 2003, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Gaylord Focker ]

Soldier,

So, Shaw, who do you think you are, rumaging through the oddities of an SSNs web storage? What were you looking for I wonder? Pictures of my sister perhaps? Oddly enough, I wouldn't be much surprised to leanr of your pedrosexual nature... You're long hidden love for that, how would you put it, 'fresh meat.'?

You disgust me, sir. Your vile form shall be loathed from here on in, with no grudges held back. Ye have been warned 'old one'. There shalt be a day of reckonning unlike any before!

Originally posted by Mbjvx:

If truth betold, I've killed them. Everylast one of them. Therefore, the next sod who comes dancing in, smile on his face

[a smiling and dancing SSN alert]

smile.gifla la la la laa smile.gif

You should be dancing - YEA !

You should be dancing - YEA ! smile.gif

Oh look, here's me, an SSN that you loath so, posting on the <font size=-8>mbt</font size=-8>. Are you going to kick my ass now, oh you Heroic SSN Slayer ? tongue.gif I bet you enjoy spanking noobs a lot. It's a bit sad really.