Forgetful Goodales Cheery Waffle of Monthly Moves

Hmmmm,

Not too surprising the uber-propagandist Mike_the_liar would fail to mention my one-shot, one-kill on our first tank battle in our game.

Don't worry Mike. I'm sure the sight of your shells bouncing harmlessly off my tank is inspiring your troops.

That is all.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mouse_the_wimp:

The game with Prinz Eugen came to an unfortunate end as a file mix-up gave me a full viewing of his movie. Weird never seen this before in a file-mix.

Now this indeed was embarrassing. redface.gif That was my bad entirely. I'll see to it never happening again ! I was just about to start chucking fiery TNT at the miserable maggot-droppings that you refer to as " your force " ! AGGRRRGGGGRRGGGGRRAAAAAHHHH !!!!!! :mad: :mad:

The rage continues on the steppes. Not much on the way of trees there. GOOD ! That means there'll be some long-range TNT-chucking ahead of us !!! :mad:

My conscience wouldn't let me continue, which is really funny cuz I thought that part of personality was destroyed eons ago.

I really appreciate this. I think some lesser man might have continued on playing, without mentioning me on this. smile.gif :mad: Not that it would have altered the final result in any way even if we had continued, though.

There will be a clash of two military masterminds as I attack the railyard defended by Dave H . Better tell those conscript troops to dug in, and deep , since the sky will soon turn RED with all the molten TNT flying about.

Saved this thread from the ignominy of page 2.

You unworthy lot of cretins.

You're all about as useful as a bag of rusty hammers and as ugly as someone who came second in an axe fight. :mad:

GARGARGRGARGGGGRARG!!!! Where are my turns? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've been reduced to playing the AI. The AI for godsakes!!!

Jas :mad: n

How convenient. In my battle against clueless, my ÃœberFinn FO decided that the TNT chucked by the enemy wasn't enough, and directed most bitter TNT 300m short of the ordered target, to my own positions where enemy TNT was landing already. :mad: I haven't seen such incompetence since Mastergoodale's last post. :mad:

Ah, it seems I'm not alone in the Hunt for the missing turn. Come on lads, it's 1:15 AM in here, I'm awake only because I have some c****y assignments to prepare for today . And, to my grief and :mad: , I find that there isn't single, one, tiny, little, lovely, cute and nice turn for me to keep me awake in the dark, cold, TNT-less night ???

It ain't fair ! It just ain't ! :(

What is it about this thread that is attracting so much interest from CM players in Finland? Does everyone in Finland love chucking molten TNT? Or is it the opportunity to go GRRAAGGRRRAAGRAGGGRRAAAA!!!! and post mad faces? :mad: :mad:

Whatever it is, I will be writing my congressman to demand an investigation of the totally inappropriate influence citizens of a nation near Russia have on this thread. Near Russia, I tell you! Practically in the back yard of the Kremlin! How's that fit with your Communist conspiracy? ;);)

If I end up getting ripped apart by both Paddington and Prinz Eugen, then I'll really get upset. :D

Originally posted by Axe2121:

GARGARGRGARGGGGRARG!!!! Where are my turns? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've been reduced to playing the AI. The AI for godsakes!!!

Axe? Axe? Axe? <big>Axe?</big> GRRRRRRARRGGHRHHHH!!!!!

PBEM helper says I'M WAITING FOR <BIG>YOU</BIG> MAGGOT!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

P.S.

AI is winning, isn't it? :D

Originally posted by Dave H:

What is it about this thread that is attracting so much interest from CM players in Finland? Does everyone in Finland love chucking molten TNT? Or is it the opportunity to go GRRAAGGRRRAAGRAGGGRRAAAA!!!! and post mad faces? :mad: :mad:

Whatever it is, I will be writing my congressman to demand an investigation of the totally inappropriate influence citizens of a nation near Russia have on this thread. Near Russia, I tell you! Practically in the back yard of the Kremlin! How's that fit with your Communist conspiracy? ;);)

If I end up getting ripped apart by both Paddington and Prinz Eugen, then I'll really get upset. :D

I´ve been wondering for a while why there is disproportionate amount of Finns and Canadians on every wargame forum I happen to visit. How is it possible that only these two countries have intelligent and charismatic people? In the case of Canada it must be the great quantity of Finnish immigrants. ;)

Or is it because both are neigbours to one ugly country, full of dumb people? :mad:

Originally posted by Keke:

I´ve been wondering for a while why there is disproportionate amount of Finns and Canadians on every wargame forum I happen to visit. How is it possible that only these two countries have intelligent and charismatic people? In the case of Canada it must be the great quantity of Finnish immigrants. ;)

Or is it because both are neigbours to one ugly country, full of dumb people? :mad:

I have another hypothesis I'd like to propose. People in Finland and Canada (and let's be fair, Minnesota) live in climates where the temperature hovers around freezing in summer, AKA late July. The sun is below the horizon for about ten months of each year. To pass their time in the frozen darkness, they drink heavily, play computer games, and spend time commiserating on internet forums. To justify their miserable existence, they tell each other how "intelligent and charismatic" they are. :(:(

In the meantime, those of us who live in more temperate climates actually go outside from time to time. This necessarily reduces our time available for two of these three activities. :D:D

I'm not sure how Finland and Canada can both be neighbors of one ugly country. Of course, as an American my knowledge of Geography is by definition a little shaky. For all I know they share a border somewhere near Elbonia. ;)

Oh, and Dave -- I release you.

How long has Mike_the_no_show got you on the hook for your signature? And does anyone care about Elk Grove, CA at all? He might as well have made you put down, "The sky is blue" or " MasterGoodale is a wanker" or somesuch.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Oh, and Dave -- I release you.

How long has Mike_the_no_show got you on the hook for your signature? And does anyone care about Elk Grove, CA at all? He might as well have made you put down, "The sky is blue" or " MasterGoodale is a wanker" or somesuch.

Axe2121, you're an honorable (honourable?) gentleman. What in the world are you doing on this thread, anyway? :confused: :confused:

Actually, I've just been lazy about changing my little penance from losing to mike in Soddball's deformed offspring named "Inferno". Personally I care just as much about Elk Grove now as I did twenty years ago. Once mike gets his yard fixed up so it doesn't resemble the desert of Arizona, I'm sure Elk Grove would be a great place to visit. Since I don't drink, the lack of pubs and liquor stores would not be a problem for me. ;)

I have another hypothesis I'd like to propose. People in Finland and Canada (and let's be fair, Minnesota) live in climates where the temperature hovers around freezing in summer, AKA late July. The sun is below the horizon for about ten months of each year. To pass their time in the frozen darkness, they drink heavily, play computer games, and spend time commiserating on internet forums. To justify their miserable existence, they tell each other how "intelligent and charismatic" they are. :(:(

Sad, isn't it? :mad:

Have you pack numbkskulls forgot the most basic tenent of the Temple of Stale Ale and Moldy Threats? Or has the fury of the molten TNT melted your domes?

I get Dave H 's sig for six months or until he defeats me (ya right). Just as I have listed Soddball (blows kiss) as my daddy for my loss in that abortion by the now-defunct Becket

they drink heavily, play computer games

That sounds about right. In fact I think it should be a pre-requisite.

Axe2121 sorry about the delay but everytime I started to email you I got a case of the giggles...ooohhh, you are in for it now. Taking a page out the flaming-TNT-handbook my intrepid German uber-truppen are no longer attempting to assualt buildings...burning them with the Ruskies inside is just as nice. :mad: And how do you like the new air-holes in your one-hit wonder tank?

I know you wacky Finns have some ideas on what is necessary and unnecessary but trust me Prinz Eugen , passwords are important. I have cracked your super-secret code. Took me very little time but it turns out it is the "enter" key. As in, take any file that requires his password, at the password screen hit "enter" and viola...all of his devilish schemes are laid bare. Seems like uber-Finns are so confident of their scheming they don't even bother to try and hide their plans. Sending you a new set-up, let's try this again, sunshine.

Turns slow this weekend but the Casa de Vino is about to enjoy a Renaisssance from weedy, barren lot to magnificent garden paradise. As such my attention was elsewhere. I think I have turns out to the lackwits listed above as well as Gaylord Focker .

Gimme another day or two set-up for our next game Soddball . You should like the map though...lots of buildings for you level.

Axe2121, you're an honorable (honourable?) gentleman. What in the world are you doing on this thread, anyway? :confused: :confused:

Well, I got a big kick out of the ongoing MasterGoodale/Soddball battle. You know, the first running riot over the board and the second trying to keep him contained.

And then I realized, this is how I like to play the game. Not too serious with people who enjoy a laugh like I do. It takes a lot to get a belly laugh out of me but I tell you, this thread manages to do that more often then not.

*sniff*

GAGRGARGRGGAAAA!!!! :mad: :mad:

Oh --- and mad Finns!!

You can't swing a dead cat in here without hitting one.

And by mad I mean totally crazy.

I'm only sorry I didn't get a chance to take on Beckett.

[ April 28, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

I know you wacky Finns have some ideas on what is necessary and unnecessary but trust me Prinz Eugen , passwords are important. I have cracked your super-secret code. Took me very little time but it turns out it is the "enter" key. As in, take any file that requires his password, at the password screen hit "enter" and viola...all of his devilish schemes are laid bare. Seems like uber-Finns are so confident of their scheming they don't even bother to try and hide their plans. Sending you a new set-up, let's try this again, sunshine.

What's this ? What is this fetish with passwords ? Never before in my magnificent career of PBEMing have I stumbled to an opponent that had a problem with passwords. I admit it, I haven't used them nefore, for in my earlier battles there has been something that is obviously lacking in this community of no-good sneaky maggot-droppings. Trust . I don't know if my opponents before have used p/ws, but I sure haven't. Hmm, maybe that indeed is the cause of my defeats... :D Very well then. Consider my future Plans of Great Cunning to be password protected against cowardly hackers that ought to be subjected to a thorough treatment involving viciously blunt objects. Covered in molten-TNT. May their foul-odour omitting behinds never sit again.

I set my hope on this battle reaching its conclusion without premature endings. The maggots will be well fed after this is over.

Breaking news and hot wind!

Or was it breaking wind, and hot news? :confused:

Clueless just revealed me that his troops haven't chucked any TNT yet. It means that the battle has been raging between my grunts and a FO, who is a rooskie spy or just bored. :mad:

Originally posted by Keke:

Breaking news and hot wind!

Or was it breaking wind, and hot news? :confused:

Clueless just revealed me that his troops haven't chucked any TNT yet. It means that the battle has been raging between my grunts and a FO, who is a rooskie spy or just bored. :mad:

Ahem!I am not the one dropping arty on my own guys...so why am i clueless? :D

Kinky Turn sent,as well as a nice tutorial on the uses of arty tongue.gif

Snotball OTOH,is trying to woo me with fancyful drunken british phrases that make no sense,sadly,i fear it is working :eek: :D Turn sent :mad: :mad:

What's this ? What is this fetish with passwords ?

I like them, A LOT.

Never before in my magnificent career of PBEMing have I stumbled to an opponent that had a problem with passwords. I admit it, I haven't used them nefore, for in my earlier battles there has been something that is obviously lacking in this community of no-good sneaky maggot-droppings. Trust .

Trust, schmust. I check files in PBEM folder to see if I have forgotten to send one of you maggots a turn. The bleating in here can be deafening as the crowds gather at the Moldy Waffle house, hopped up on Ale and begging Waste-of-Good-air to send turns. I could use some other system but..PAH!!! it's been working fine. Go through open files if it pops my opponents p/w screen I hit enter and never in the past has anyone been so stu...er, TRUSTING as to not p/w protect.

I don't know if my opponents before have used p/ws, but I sure haven't. Hmm, maybe that indeed is the cause of my defeats...

Yea, what is that win/ loss record anyways? :confused:

If you have no problem with me "occasionally" (every turn) checking your "progress" (where ALL of your units are at that time) and possibly "accidently altering something" (What do you mean all of your T-34s reversed into to my ATGs? :eek: ) then by all means don't use a p/w. A grand time will be had by all. :mad: :mad: :mad: