Experience levels?

In CMBB some units are upgraded some are downgraded, I know that.

What I wanted to ask is if that usually happens in a one for one system, i. e. one unit goes one level up, so another unit will go one level down, or if it´s pure chance, i. e. if one unit is downgraded, it doesn´t necessarily mean that another is upgraded.

[ January 01, 2003, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Brightblade ]

The manual states it as 10% up, 10% down so I would say it probably is 1:1. With one caveat, I don't know when the experience changes are made (that is, before or after the casualities are removed from your OOB). So it might be possible there to end up with more experience level changes in one direction than the other.

in the manual it said that "unlike some games, units do not rise from one exp. level to another during battles or even operations"

thats what its said, so were they just saying that to not make us complain about it., thats wierd they'd say that in the manual. its on pg 71 on my manual, but i bought mine at Compusa so it my be differant

They put that in because some games advance units experience in totally unrealistic ways. In some games I played it was possible to advance from regular to elite within the space of a couple of days of simulated time. This simply does not happen in real life. It takes time for a unit to establish the bonds and interactions needed to "level up" (for want of a better term). Even a unit composed of elite soldiers needs time to get to know itself and each other. The timeframe of even an operation just doesn't give enough time to do this. You can become hard during a fight but it takes time to sort things out to become good.

Originally posted by commie18:

in the manual it said that "unlike some games, units do not rise from one exp. level to another during battles or even operations"

thats what its said, so were they just saying that to not make us complain about it., thats wierd they'd say that in the manual. its on pg 71 on my manual, but i bought mine at Compusa so it my be differant

Units won´t earn experience in the game. But you can select a certain experience level when you choose your forces. Then a certain amount (10%) of troops should be one level better than what you selected (the only way to get elite troops in QBs is to buy cracks and hope for this), the same(?) amount should be one level lower than what you selected.

That´s all.

I placed a question mark behind the "same" because that´s exactly what I wanted to know.

[ January 01, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Brightblade ]