...and a MikeyD WIP

Based on my own experience I suspect Sturmtiger usually gets used most within the first week of owning the game. Then after the fifth time getting bogged down while facing away from the enemy :mad: use of the beast gets abandoned out of frustration.

Still, its a blast (literally and figuratively) to use just occassionally for a chuckle. I think I'd like to try SturmTiger on a large map QB with a town way off in the distance. Try lobbing those big shells the full length of the map :D

I just wanted to say thanks to cmmods.com, MikeyD, DavidI, andrewTF,(the list continues to grow) , for making me a complete modslut! I haven't played the game in about a week or so. I spend hours downloading mods wondering why I didn't start sooner.

Thanks!!! Keep 'em coming guys!

Steve

YES!(shakes fist in air) Been waiting for the big bear to get a much needed facelift(sorry for bugging). Now all we need is CMC to be released. ;)

Everybody chant along with me now...MikeyD ROCKS...MikeyD ROCKS...MikeyD ROCKS...MikeyD ROCKS...MikeyD ROCKS...MikeyD ROCKS... :eek:

Ok, I'll shut up now. tongue.gif

Just last night I designed a little Sturmtiger scenario for myself that turned out to be more playable than expected!

Sturmtiger and support troops have to maneuver to get a clear sight of the distant town. The Russians manage in short order to strip-away the three supporting PzIVs and keep my troops pinned. When I finally get my Sturm into firing positioned 23000m from town i'm mercilessly hammered (thank God for 150mm armor!) as I slooowly fire off one round every 2 turns. The Sturm soon gets disabled, a crewmember gets hit but I keep up the bombardment. But its not a bloodbath in the town because the giant round is so unbearably inaccurate!

My conclusions: It is possible to include a Sturmtiger in a scenario and keep the game worth playing. The trick is to avoid point-blank firing against defenseless troops. :D

MikeyD,

"The trick is to avoid point-blank firing against defenseless troops" tsk tsk.

The whole idea is to fire point-blank against defenseless troops!

Seriously now, does anyone out there have any tales of this monster in action? Dates? Location? Effectiveness? etc.

DavidI

I can't recall having read about real accounts of a Sturmtiger in action apart from that in Warsaw (maybe). I just remembered a cityfight scenario a freind of mine built 2 years back where he managed to kill a T-34/85 and about 600 Russian soldiers with one shell. Interesting in this case is the fact that he actually fired into a building behind which the T-34 was positioned and - as seems obvious - most of the KI's soldiers... :D