--== Operation Störfang ==--

<center>--== Operation Störfang ==-- </center>

The final Siege

Imagine your self as a German General in the Crimea, Russia 1942. Your task, the capture of Sevastopol, the heaviest fortified city in that time. The Russians dug in deep, supported by large batteries of heavy guns such as Gorki I and II. Naval bombardments are a constant danger for your army, fighting the way to the port city. Before the main attack was launched, almost every artillery gun and airplane had been brought up by the Germans, trying to blast the heavy fortifications into rubble and dust.

Eichenbaum

<hr>

Mission Rumänische Torte (A2) Released. Page 6

Mission Carcenov (B1) is now available at our website !

Previews of Mission Rumänische Torte (A2) on page 2 .

How to use the interface : page 2 .

Topic 1 : Mission Swartzekätze A1

Topic 2 : Mission Swartzekätze A1 - Release 1.1

Important :You need to have the CMBB patch 1.03 installed if you want to play Operation Störfang.

<HR>

<center>B1 - Carcenov</center>

Mission : Carcenov

Date : June the 12th

Place : Sevastopol Region SE

Grid : B1

Move : East to West

German Command : General von Manstein

Force : Part of the SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Division Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler and the 7th Romanian Heavy Artillery Regiment

Mission Briefing :

Herr Oberst,

Let me explain the situation. Due to your probe attack yesterday, our forces have managed to breakthrough on several fronts. In the south, a few kilometres from section A1, Oberst Schumacher advanced to the West. Attached to his battalion, was Hauptman Blödman with a small artillery force. Blödman did not obey orders properly and moved too quickly to the North. Now he is isolated with his howitzers along with some security detachments.

You have been ordered to join him on the frontline, relieve him from command and advance further West towards the river. For this task a detachment of the SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Division Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler have been placed under your command. Hauptsturmführer Steinberg has been informed and is expecting you. Steinberg successfully broke trough the Tarter Ditch blocking the way into the Crimea a few months ago. When this mission is all over, he will be transferred to Paris. There he can re-join with the rest of the Leibstandarte, which was severely mauled during the battle of Kiev.

So, herr Oberst, do not screw up like Hauptman Blödman! General von Manstein does not accept a damaged Leibstandarte to be delivered in the name of the Führer. Our intelligence department will inform you of the details for this mission. I will have expect your report this evening. With good news!

Now quick Herr Oberst!

<hr>

[ September 05, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping to collect your scenarios for when I get an upgrade which enables me to play on a map that big. But since you have to win one first to get the next this makes it a bit hard to collect them.

This seems to go against the grain a bit, but I can't complain I suppose. Just hope your site will be around in the future.

Cheers

Originally posted by markl:

I was hoping to collect your scenarios for when I get an upgrade which enables me to play on a map that big. But since you have to win one first to get the next this makes it a bit hard to collect them.

This seems to go against the grain a bit, but I can't complain I suppose. Just hope your site will be around in the future.

Operation Störfang is real campaign. You begin with the 1st mission and end with the last. You can't start a war somewhere in between. BFC didn't implement any campaign functionality, that's why we have decided to protect the missions with access codes. It's the only way I guess.

These scenarios are tested on a Pentium III 450 MHz - Geforce 2 - 256 MB RAM. If you set the landscape details and the trees to a minimum it's stays quit playable. Sure a Pentium IV with Geforce IV is bit more quicker with everything. Combat Mission is still 'a game for the mind' and doesn't lose its fun when you need to wait a bit longer. No?

Eichenbaum.org will stay online for a long long time...

(Making websites is still a low-budget-hobby) smile.gif

Eichenbaum

Originally posted by MAUS_TD:

...but its my birthday tomorrow so can sleep late....

Je verjaardag ????

Lang zal die leven... lang zal die leven..

HIEP HIEP !!!!

Veel plezier met de battle en je verjaardag !

Nils

ps. English translation : Your Birthday ? Long will he live... long will he live... Have fun with the battle and your birthday !

[ July 29, 2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

Originally posted by Wicky:

Worry not I'm 15 moves into it, as usual it's as fiendish as ever!

Sure it is. You're breaking through the defense lines that the Russians could build up for a quit a time. Constantly you'll be bombarded by the battery's placed on the coastline like Gorki I and II. Until the Stuka's have managed to destroy enough resistance, the assault will be tough. Blitzkrieg herr Oberst! But don't be too hasty, the Russians are always prepared.

Eichenbaum

Originally posted by eichenbaum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wicky:

Worry not I'm 15 moves into it, as usual it's as fiendish as ever!

Sure it is. You're breaking through the defense lines that the Russians could build up for a quit a time. Constantly you'll be bombarded by the battery's placed on the coastline like Gorki I and II. Until the Stuka's have managed to destroy enough resistance, the assault will be tough. Blitzkrieg herr Oberst! But don't be too hasty, the Russians are always prepared.

Eichenbaum </font>

Originally posted by Wicky:

...No Stukasa as it's a misty morn but I'm gaining good headway...

Mist ? Wow :eek: . Lucky bastard! Normally you need a smoke barrage to cover your advance through the open. You got it from mother nature.

Fog and rain don't often appear in the mids of summer in the Crimea. It should be warm and dry....

Eichenbaum

Attached to his battalion, was Hauptman Blödman with a small artillery force.

Nice name for such a brilliant officer

detachment of the SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler have been placed

I'd use SS-PzGrDiv LAH or PzGrDiv LSSAH, not SS-PzGrDiv LSSAH.

Haupt Sturmbahn Führer

No such rank.

Standartenführer (Colonel)

Obersturmbannführer (LtC)

Sturmbannführer (Major)

Hauptsturmführer (Cpt)

Gruß

Joachim

hello eichenbaum,

finished my first attack. Lost 20% of my forces,

This one is more of an challange then the first.

Most of the **** happens when i use the romanians.

Every time they move forward en some russian begins to shoot the most of my men are routed even when they lost nothing :confused:

But i got good starting positions for the second attack, i had only expected more reinforcements but **** happens.

So i let you know how the second one goes

later

You're right about that Hauptsturmbahnhührer, big mistake , it must be Hauptsturmführer redface.gif

Thanks for the tip!

However, the SS-PzGrDiv LSSAH is the right name according to my literature.

Eichenbaum

The name is not incorrect. It is a SS-PzGrDiv and it is designated LSSAH or LAH. Twice "SS" just looks a bit strange.

I'd go for LAH 'cause two vets said LAH. And one of them definitely knew that division.

Gruß

Joachim

Yes indeed, 2 times SS does look a bit too much. But that's just the irony I like so much, like the name 'Blödman'. Don't you think that irony is an healthy approach for talking about WWII & emo_smile.gif issues ?

Eichenbaum

Ah, well, guess now we could start a thread that could easily meet the original Peng challenge in length and we would still have some topics to discuss. Don't know if I'd get the message that SS-PzGrD LSSAH is ironic in an overall non-ironic (yet partly humourous) context - esp because the mission was a successful attack and the player takes the side of that div. As you feature that division, some people could think you mean what exactly you write (the SSSS-irony ain't a problem in that way).

I just imagine what would happen if yo would use the SS as often as possible in that text. Now some would see that it is ridiculous. Others would say you glorify them.

I particularly like Chaplins "The great dictator", but I am pretty sure I will try to avoid any irony regarding the Nazis if I am not sure all people heraing it will understand the ironic background. This does include citing that movie with appropriate pronounciation of the "r" - because there are too many people who don't understand irony.

Another incident was when my mother asked me whether the "Die Toten Hosen" are a right-wing band because of a line in their song "sascha". The whole text is bitter irony on the dumbness of Skinheads, yet some people did not get that message.

Guess you have to find some more places for SS (especially in front of another S) to put in your text. Those few I added are not enough to make it ridiculous enough.

Herr SS-Standartenführer (=Oberst)

You have been ordered to join him on the frontline, relieve him from command and advance further West towards the river. For this task a detachment of the SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler have been placed under your command. SS-Sturmbann Steinberg has been informed and is expecting you. Steinberg successfully broke trough the Tarter Ditch blocking the way into the Crimea a few months ago. When this mission is all over, he will be transferred to Paris. There he can re-join with the rest of the SS-PzGrDiv LeibstandarteSSAH, which was severely mauled during the battle of Kiev.

edited that quote a bit.

Gruß

Joachim

hheheheh.... OK Scarhead, you made your point. I'm sitting at work listening to the radio and the news reader said :

"An in the Netherlands living German man has been arrested and put away for 6 months for having a SS-Toteskopf sign tatoed on his arm..."

That's a real coincidence!!! How ironic... I have edit the Mission Briefing and deleted some S'es. I can't keep up with the irony of such accidences.

Eichenbaum

[ July 31, 2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]