--== Eichenbaum's OSF Mission 3: Kuib'ishevo ==--

Thanks!

This scenario (Kuib'ishevo) cost about 2 months work (in the evenings & weekends - graphic mods included) with mostly 6 men at a time, 400 forum posts and 50 e-mails, countless bottles of alcohol and cigarettes (with grassmods sometimes - depending on the country), 3x OS crash & reinstallation, 1 fried graphic card (Sorry Mark ;) ) and... not to mention the stress (CM bugs) and sleepless nights...

OSF Credits:

Behrmann, Sven (Trommelfeuer): Playtester, Historian

Burdock, Leonardo (MG42): Playtester

Eikelenboom, Boris (Boris): Cartographer

Eikelenboom, Nils (Eichenbaum): Director, Programmer, Graphic Designer, Scenario Designer, Webmaster

Johnson, Mark (Jaegermeister): Playtester

MacGillivray, Paul : Writer, Translater

Nevshemal, Marty (von Nev): Playtester

Woods, Michael (Yabloka): Playtester

Special thanks to:

Agustí (Haplo Patryn),

Santiago Plaza from Puntadelanza.net

Lino, Rommel, Akaraphon, Guillermotorre (at Puntadelanza forums)

And all who have made a contribution to this project but their names not listed above.

Originally posted by jacobs_ladder2:

Does this mean you will be coming back to the virtual world? Or maybe even a return to OSF? Come on man. What's real life really have to offer?

Good to see we're still alive smile.gif

I have returned to the virtual world several months ago, but I did not return to OSF.

Right now I have joined a team and I'm making my contribution to a Real-time WWII Tank Combat Simulation Game as a computer graphics designer (2d, 3d, UI and website)

Real life is offering me hard work, tired in the evenings, RSI, boring-working-days-from-time-to-time... but on the other side new love, sex, playing PC games, booze and since a few weeks sunshine....

Guess it's ok ;)

How are you doing?; I see you're still busy here on the forums?!

Nils

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a bit out of date.. but I have a Mac and can't open the .exe(s) for mission 1 and 2 [though I was able to play #3 because it was a common file so to speak], but if someone could send me mission 1 and/or 2 it would most appreciated. I'm just looking for the .cmf files, I don't need the OSF interface stuff.

Just a bump here and another request for the .cmf files for the OSF Operations. I need OSF Turn 2 - Krasn'ii Mak and whatever Turn 1 was called. I have Turn 3 because it wasn't imbedded in a .exe like 1 and 2 was. Tried emailing the author but no luck there.

Thanks!

Originally posted by _UXcva:

Just a bump here and another request for the .cmf files for the OSF Operations. I need OSF Turn 2 - Krasn'ii Mak and whatever Turn 1 was called. I have Turn 3 because it wasn't imbedded in a .exe like 1 and 2 was. Tried emailing the author but no luck there.

Thanks!

Check your e-mail.

Mods are available at CMMODS; but not the rock mod. So I guess it doesn't look that nice on a apple :S

Have fun!

Nils

If you don't want to install Operation Storfang or you use an other operating system then Windows (32bit) then you're still able to install and use the OSF Mods with installation program:

Operation Storfang ModPack (Universal Installer) - click to download

Supported OS: Windows, Unix, Linux, Mac OS and Solaris

Choose the installation path (manually) carefully: Combat Mission 2\bmp or CMBB\bmp in order to make it work.

Note: that this installation will replace the current graphics and cannot be undone afterwards. If you would like to play CMBB with the current graphics then you're advised to install the game onto another path beside the current version and (if possible) apply this ModPack onto this 2nd version.

Eichenbaum.org cannot be held responsible for any damage to your operating system and/or Combat Mission 2 (CMBB) installation.

Nils Eikelenboom,

Eichenbaum.org

• 2 months later...

Ye Gods, good to see your enjoying life Nils !..thought i was seeing ghosts when i saw your Eichenbaum tag on a post.

I still lament the fact we never quite got to Sevastopol, but it was a great trip never-the-less.

I had some of my most enjoyable, immersive battles during storfang...kudos to you. :cool:

Anyone on here that never played them, i recommend you go get.

• 2 weeks later...