CMBO/CMBB Anthology of useful posts!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I might as well bump this thread that I started.

But I will also offer an observation. In the pre-Internet years (actually more correctly the pre-Web years). There were occassions were one might find a decent strategy guide in hard copy for a particular game. Of course, 75% of them were just trashy regurgitations of the manual (when games used to have manuals).

In the age of the Web, it seems that anything you want to know for a popular game can be found on the Web if you take the time and effort to look for it. The quality of this information you find on this Web site far exceeds what one would typically find in a strategy guide; even one that is well written.

Okay, time to go back to lurking and see if some of the master posters put up some juicey educational tidbits!

smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That would be a great idea, dunno if its possible.

This thread IS cross-linked to russellmz's "==) FAQ (== How to Take a Screenshot and Other CM Goodness thread"...on page 1, hit "page down" 8 times, and its in the middle of that screen (assuming you use the same fonts as me).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Impressive.

Is this game a way of life?

I fear the fun factor is somewhat diminished by the propensity of one's men to DISOBEY ORDERS. One can see the US influence because there is no way of tying them to a post and shooting the blighters.

david

This is one thread that can NOT get enough bumps. I've been playing CM for almost two years, and have been looking for something like this the whole time. I can't believe I just found it now! Great work-time reading material! ;) Reading all of this and seeing how you guys think, it's no wonder I lose all the time!! :D

Thanks,

Danzig

• 2 weeks later...