A Peng Challenge Thread Coronation: Film of the Rioting at 11

Monarchy!?? Monarchy!?! We don't need no stinking Monarchy!!!

Perhaps it's time i hand over the plans to Joe for review and an ok to construct the ultimate weapon, the Uber Guillatine , it has all the bells and whistles, literly, it's quite a spectacle, i've tested a prototype on a turnip , all shall be risked for victory over the Tyrant Meeks !!!

We shall not be lambasted without representation!

[ January 20, 2003, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Gaylord Focker ]

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lars:

I must say, you got your part down.

Indeed I do, my dear Deputy Justicar, Lars, thrice despiser of my past challenges!

No time for old grudges now, though. We have been charged with hunting down this vile, Shavian thing which calls itself true Justicar, despite not having a pinky ring or a junta, er, king to back him up.

Get moving! Assemble a posse! Do you think the Grue can track him? It's been so long since my Zork days, I can't remember.

Oh well, gather the posse and meet me at Flood Control Dam #3...

Originally posted by Malakovski:

Indeed I do, my dear Deputy Justicar, Lars, thrice despiser of my past challenges!

You pick the ex-Justicar's Court Bailiff to deputize?

You best rethink or even Meeks will reconsider your appointment. Nay, I'm afraid you're on your own here. If you can't even organize a proper lynching you don't deserve the title. Your challenge will be answered when time permits.

Meanwhile, I'm going to sit here, run my Tavern, and rake in the loot selling tipples to the tosspots hereabout.

Today's Special – Two for One Happy Hour, Free Hamster on a Stick Appetizers

Originally posted by Lars:

You pick the ex-Justicar's Court Bailiff to deputize?

Insubordinate whelp! I do the bidding of the king, and his bidding with regard to you was made plain on page two of this very thread.

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Lars, you'll ride with Malakovski, as deputy Justicar, find this Shaw, and finnish him.

So unless you'd like the newly-drafted SSN-Brute Squad to pay a visit to your tavern, you'll take up arms in service of the king, and help me muster the loyal, and/or easily intimidated, to hunt down this rogue Justicar.

So unless you'd like the newly-drafted SSN-Brute Squad to pay a visit to your tavern, you'll take up arms in service of the king, and help me muster the loyal, and/or easily intimidated, to hunt down this rogue Justicar.

Now hang on a sec - wasn't the whole purpose of this kingship thingie to drive away SSN's - now the lick-spittles are using SSN squads to brutalise the peace oving peoples of the pool agaisnt their wishes - using SSN's to threaten Kay-nig-hits even?

Oh the happy irony of it all!

Y'know there's a precedent in history for dealing with uppity Kings and their sycophantic sidekicks - they seem to lose their heads and then they're just ...well....gone.

[ January 20, 2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

Originally posted by Mike:

Now hang on a sec - wasn't the whole purpose of this kingship thingie to drive away SSN's - now the lick-spittles are using SSN squads to brutalise the peace oving peoples of the pool agaisnt their wishes - using SSN's to threaten Kay-nig-hits even?

Idjit. There is no real SSN Squad. It's all part of the gentle art of Rule by Force.

Notice how the slightest suggestion of physical violence and the potential destruction of his private property instantly turned an incooperative, surly sod like Lars into a willing minion of the dark si--er, rightful king?

Don't you know the first thing about brutalizing people?

Originally posted by Leeo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Let it be an HONORABLE Knight of the CessPool who will respect the traditions of the MBT.

Joe

Let it be a Cabbage! Though I am forced by the vagaries of my Grand-Liege, Moriarty, to throw my sword in with the Royalists, I will not renounce my title of Cabbage, and the Crown of the Apostate Pretender will rest upon my furrowed and curly brow. Cut-worms I fear not, nor the rust or mold of warm days, for the Cabbage that Wears the Crown will be he who makes the slaw, for mine is the glory and the Choucroute Garni for ever and ever. Amen.</font>

Originally posted by Mike:

Now hang on a sec - wasn't the whole purpose of this kingship thingie to drive away SSN's?

No, the purpose of kingship is my own glorification so that, like Naram Sin, the Egyptian Pharoahs and Elvis, I can ascend to my rightful place in the pantheon. Killing newbies is just a side benefit. And the new Justicar is, well, new, but he's got an air of pomposity about him, like a washed Croda.

I'm still considering who to appoint to archbishop... Hmmm...

You know, I'll have to rely on gut instinct and not public abasement. I know he's against me, and he'll likely stab me in the toga at the first chance, but I hereby assign OGSF to the empty office of archbishop. He's obviously religious, for he speaketh in tongues.

I have no idea what his responsibilities are, but I'm sure he'll overstep them generously.

OGSF? Why not, never could understand a thing he says anyway. And, he'll probably hate it. Perfect.

OGSF, my lad, er Archbishop, step right up. I've laid in a nice selection of single malt Scotch fer ye.

Congratulations! Now send me a turn. Git.

[ January 20, 2003, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Moriarty ]

Ye festerin' watery-eyed sticky bummed GITS!! Shoo mae tha MONEY af'n ye want mae tae bae ye stankin' archbishop!

Ah need tae kill sumthin.....MrSpkr ye gapped-toothed sniggerin' Pretainders Curr, di' ye fancy ye chances? Hoo aboot saindin' along a setoop, attack or defaind, random everythun, 1500 points. Ye called mae oot a few pages back sae ye kin di tha honours.

Meeks, ye're a nadless soppy puppet wi' legs lak a chicken. At's Monday alraidy an' ye hadnae turrrned on tha Feckless Wonders wha' appointed ye yet. Wha's tha point o' bein' made king af'n ye cannae turrrn lak a rabid dog an' savage tha saps wha' think they control ye? Ha' ye tha spine o' a hamster?

An' another thing... Ah hadnae counted, boot Ah reckon aboot 60% o' mah shtyupid opponaints hae gwin AWOL. Stuka, Goanna, Marlow, Joe Shaw, Panzer Leader an' a couple o' other useless twats as waill. Bastarrrds!!

Och, at's mae weddin' anniversary tanicht, sae tha turrrns mae bae another day delayed.

Meeks, ye're a BIG GIRLS BLOUSE fer fawnin' lak a pee-soaked puppy at tha feet o' tha Olde Wuns. Feh! *patoooie*

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

You know, I'll have to rely on gut instinct and not public abasement. I know he's against me, and he'll likely stab me in the toga at the first chance, but I hereby assign OGSF to the empty office of archbishop.

That's right, you mincing little puppet <small>king</small>, if you can't win them over, buy them off.

Why am I not surprised?

Don't you know the first thing about brutalizing people?

Of course not - until you lot came along this was a nice peaceful little shire......er....pool, not too much interested in the oings on of those silly outerboarders adn quiet content with the occasional lambast or <big><big>BOOT</big></big>.

You young fellas with your new fangled ways will never catch on - you're not sticky enough and Macey's not here often enough these days for there to be enough wool to catch you anyway!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Alright…I’m starting to lose my sense of humour about this whole sodding ritual. Have we got a bloody Abbot of anything? Wait a minute… ‘if the abbot is dead or away…or ‘leefully lette’…R Leete, now is thine hour! If you’re not ‘leefully lette’, then I don’t know who is. I Knight you, make you the ‘Abbot of the Drains’, and hereupon obtest King Meeks to ‘walk right, and walk in the light’. Oh, and get ready for the ‘annointing’. Chances are, you’re going to earn your sudden wealth of titles, laddie.

Well, there was an Abbot (see here), but he's been missing for ages. Another one lost on the crusades, I suppose. Seems to have had some trouble putting his arms down, too.

So, it's "Here you go, knighthood", just like that? Just a quick (useless) title, and a boot out the door? Notices pushed to the back pages of the paper by other more "newsworthy" events?

See here, Olde Man, I'll have none of that! I'm not through annoying you yet. And with the meager salary you bestowed (and, as usual, are late in paying), I haven't even saved up for a decent suit of armor. Luckily, the balding spot can now be dismissed as the proper hairstyle for an abbot.

So, when is the ‘annointing’? I take it that our king Meeks is now nothing more than the 'pool pissboy bereft of bucket?

[ January 20, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: R_Leete ]