A Peng Challenge Thread Coronation: Film of the Rioting at 11

Originally posted by Boo_Radley to a thing what some call a Croda:

.... and I will show you my teeth.

Boo, enough with the circus act. Please leave your teeth where you normally find them. In a sealed jar beneath your bed. Thankyou.

And by the way, I gather from your incessant yammering that you've delved into the world of scenario design. Oh dear. I suppose if we must, we must. So, Boo-Brain, tumble (literally, please) down the cellar stairs, dig your little creation out, and send me a setup. I'm sure it won't play any worse than the Browns defense did this season.

Papa

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Croda:

As for Egg-Shen and Malheureusement, I've never heard of you and wouldn't remember your names if you plumetted from atop a 50 story building and made modern art at my feet.

Thanks, I was worried about that, and not the sudden stop at the bottom, mind you, but the other part. The part where I live through 50 of your stories.

Now, quit not going away, but much faster and longer than before.

edited 'cause Vadr should sod off more too.

[ January 25, 2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Egbert ]

Where have all the cabbage gone,

Long time passing?

Long time a-row?

Where have all the cabbage gone?

Gone to graters, every one!

When will they ever urn? When will they ev-er Urn?

[ January 25, 2003, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Leeo ]

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Papa Khann:

...send me a setup. I'm sure it won't play any worse than the Browns defense did this season.

Papa

ROIGHT! I'll do ya for that one, Pepper Corn! Prepare to be ground into a fine, white powder. </font>

Originally posted by Leeo:

Long time passing?

Long time a-row?

Where have all the cabbage gone?

Gone to graters, every one!

When will they ever urn? When will they ev-er Urn?

Snap out of it, Leeo, you leafy green idiot. You're not a cabbage. Hell, you're on the short list for looking like an actual Seniour Knight. Sod the cabbages, where have all the great posts gone?

Papa Khann. While sitting in the 'small room' this morning, and going through the normal pep-talk and internal calisthenics to encourage certain vital organs to do their duty, I found myself wondering what had become of you.

Wandered off in a dysfunctional stupor? Serving a stint as the 'Before' mannequin at the Betty Ford Clinic? Doing manicures and flashing a glistening smile beneath that Clarky mustache in the Hennepin County Workhouse? Eventually, after successful negotiations with my intestines, I stopped thinking about you.

But now here you are again. Indeed, I remember quite clearly your email regarding our games. We might be among the last human beings on the Thread still playing out a round of CMBO. But I'm not letting that game go. You know I'm going to win it, I know I'm going to win it, and the major thing yet to be determined is exactly how buggered over you are. And I need to know that.

I didn't send those turns to you because...well, because I was forced to move the CMBO folder, application, data, and games onto my external harddrive. Had to make enough room, don't you know, for a little 'punishment and humiliation' project I'm working on regarding the Cesspool. And there's this issue, you see, with the external harddrive. It's huge, of course, with a fast firewire connection. Access is almost instantaneous.

However, it has issues with the modem drivers running the USB modem. So, if for some reason I'm online, or go online while the external is booted, the data on the external HD can become corrupted.

Now a younger man, with more fire in his belly, but with less wisdom, would spend days troubleshooting the whole process. He'd upload new drivers for this, and software updates for that, and try various combinations of extensions, and jump through hoop after hoop until the problem was solved.

But I've reached that comfortable age of both wisdom and laziness, along with a realistic appreciation of the possibility of ever getting all hardware and software to work they way it should, and have stopped at a Gallic shrug, and the statement 'the external harddrive, and the modem, they don't like to play together.' And I work around the limitations.

I'm sure that you can understand the concept of 'working around the limitations'. In fact, I imagine that the very concept must be part of your personal reality.

So, I'm willing to play the necessary hopscotch between all the elements of my system to finish our long lost CMBO game. Your turns are in the mail, Papa.

Snap out of it, Leeo, you leafy green idiot. You're not a cabbage. Hell, you're on the short list for looking like an actual Seniour Knight. Sod the cabbages, where have all the great posts gone?
Sir Leeo, a seniour kanigget? Sounds like a great idea to me. Should get Berli to work to come up with a proper title. Knight Defender of Cabbage and all sliced, diced and julienned veggies, perhaps.

We might be among the last human beings on the Thread still playing out a round of CMBO.
Wrong-o, sire. I've still got four active CMBO games going. That, of course, does not include Herr Oberst, the blaggard who has scurried behind some big girl's blouse for fear of losing to my eternal incompetence; Steve the Rat, who has presumably been swallowed up in the joys of home-ownership; Thumpre, one of the nomadic, occasional posters and inhabitant of the original MBT; and Lorak, who was on the verge of victory until I hacked in and moved all his forces around.