SC2 Blitz display problem

Henker, sorry to hear about the trouble and agreed with n0kn0k the more info you can provide us the better we will be able to correct the issue for you.

Off hand though the v1.06 patch was actually specifically designed to support multiple resolutions... essentially all resolution modes available on your system that are >= 1024 pixels in width and >= 768 pixels in height.

Question for you, when you are in game and when you select SETTINGS does it show you all the available resolution settings or just 1024x768. If it shows more than just 1024x768 does clicking on the small arrow buttons (immediate right of the resolution list) work by allowing you to select alternate resolutions?

Hubert

Is windows currently running in 1280x1024 also?

Did you change anything else on your system recenty besides the 1.06 patch? Drivers, settings etc.

Greetings,

n0kn0k

Edit: ahh that's some progress smile.gif

Which version are you running btw? English? Be sure to check that you've downloaded the correct patch.

Another thing that you could test is if the problem is happening with 1.05a also.

You can sill get the patch from this link.

http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Strategic%20Command%202%20Blitzkrieg/Patches/Strategic_Command_2_Blitzkrieg_v105a_Patch.exe

Yes, Windows is running in that mode. And English version indeed I'm running, I think I have the correct update (Strategic_Command_2_Blitzkrieg_v106_Patch.exe).

I did upgrage first time from 1.05a to 1.06 only to notice that i've lost my normal display mode. Well.. I can test it again...

Hmm odd. The only thing left to try is uninstalling the Radeon drivers and installing an earlier version. If that doesn't work I really wouldn't know what it could be. I'm only an amature here, hehe smile.gif

But i'm sure Hubert can find out what the problem is.

Originally posted by henker:

I installed the game again, now I can see two other display modes and there is that tick in 1280x1024 but I cant select it! Only 1024x768 is selectable. Per tutti il diavolo!

Henker are you sure it updated to v1.06 properly when you installed the patch? From your description here this still sounds like v1.05a. The initial video mode setup for v1.06 should look a list of available video modes, something like the following:

video_mode.jpg

Can you double check that once you are in game the version number at the bottom right of the screen says v1.06, i.e. when in the MAIN MENU screen?

Hubert

while we are talking about display problems:

i have a minor problem as well since i updated to 1.06

at the right side of the map (urals) the map is somewhat corrupted:

gna1.jpg

As far as i can remember the map was ok with 1.05a.

1600*1200, Radeon x800xt platinum edition, 8.33.0.0 driver installed

Not that it is a real problem, but it still is a bit anoying to see.

Henker, just to confirm can you select other display resolutions when not in game? For example, if you use your Control Panel to change your current desktop resolution can you change it to something other than 1024x768.

I only ask as the game, when it launches, simply lists the available resolutions on your system and if it is only showing 1024x768 then it might be the case where that is in fact the only resolution available.

Again I only mention this as it appears that this is the only report of this issue so my guess is that perhaps something has changed on your system that is limiting the available resolutions for the game.

Yes I can change to 20 different resolutions and I'm currently using 1280x1024. The game wont let me change it or even give possibility to change it.

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Henker, just to confirm can you select other display resolutions when not in game? For example, if you use your Control Panel to change your current desktop resolution can you change it to something other than 1024x768.

I only ask as the game, when it launches, simply lists the available resolutions on your system and if it is only showing 1024x768 then it might be the case where that is in fact the only resolution available.

Again I only mention this as it appears that this is the only report of this issue so my guess is that perhaps something has changed on your system that is limiting the available resolutions for the game.

And now I reinstalled display drivers (ati catalyst v7.2) and DirectX 9.0c - all display modes are available smile.gif I',m just wondering what broke those in first place :-o

Well, it works allright. But if I have enabled secondary display in ATI Catalyst Control Center (in my case TV), it wont work. I've tested it now several times. With previous releases of ATI's Catalyst drives it doesn't matter if that second display is enabled or not.

Ok great, glad to hear you finally got it working