Ghost Column

Am playing the Russians in this one, and I found setup to be a real slog. Night's challenging enough to set up during, but trying to intelligently deploy my forces in such a bizarre deployment zone, while given almost nil tactical guidance (threat axis is where?), was enough to practically drive me around the bend. Anyone else have the same sorts of issues during setup as the Russians?

Regards,

John Kettler

How did you manage this? I ask because the defualt always seems to be to have them Dig In. To prevent that, you actually have to select them and turn it off. Did you undig all your forces and then decide which ones specifically to Dig In? I have done this before, mainly to have them remain hidden because foxholes always seem to get spotted before infantry do, spoiling the ambush.

• 1 month later...

Antman,

Sounds helpful, but would seem to add to the gamer as god syndrome. OTOH, I would have zero problem using that trick during setup. You see, the digging in issue turned out to be far more common than I first thought, and it has been terribly expensive on both the staying power and casualty fronts.

Regards,

John Kettler