Maps for Campaigns and Battles, are compatible?

Hello there!

I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to know if you could help me with the next matter: I've been making a map for a CMBO's Operation but when I tried to set the parameters of the game, I realised that I made the map for a Battle. How could I fix that? Changing the file extension ".cmb" to ".cmc", maybe? I thought the maps were compatible between campaigns and battles. I've been making that map for a week and I don't want to start it again! smile.gif

Thanks for your help! ;)

Behold!

In a nutshell, it is a computer program you download and install on your HD, allowing you to convert any map made in any of the CM series of games from one game to another. For instance, a CMBO map can be converted to CMAK, or CMBB, or the other way around.

Before this program became available I had converted several mid to large size maps from CMBO to CMAK the old fashioned way. It took me all of a month to do Wild Bill's Team Desorby, one painstaking tile at a time. With the map converter program the same map can be converted with 3-4 mouse clicks.

An excellent program.

Hello again, folks!

The Map Converter seems to me cool, but... I think there could be a more specified tutorial, more "step-by-step" or a sort of "wizard". The question is the scenario's map I want to turn into an operation's is size 400X240 mts., but the operation's map editor allows me to size only 1200X240 mts. How could I fixed this? And how could I "copy & paste" the map i want to convert? Sorry if I sound too clumsy smile.gif

Greetings from Spain, and thanks for all your help! ;)

An operation on a 400m x 240m map? Is it going to be one battle 10 turns long?

You may want to increase the size of the original map, not only to make compatible with the minimum size allowed in CMAK, but to allow more room for manuever.

With regards to your second question, you don't really copy and paste one map to another with the converter program. Instead, you are transferring the data of one map to the program, which in turn converts the information of each tile from the original engine's code to the new code.

If you need help you can send it to me and I'll convert it for you, but again you'll need to increase the first map's size to at least 1200m x 240m.

You should also make it deeper, that 240 metres is really not going to suffice for an operation and then you run into all kinds of troubles when the enemy end of the map is met. Not to mention that you can hit targets with a rifle at longer ranges than that. Maybe if it's a dense urban map, but otherwise... You should give it some more consideration.