Sweden & Norway MPP in SC2

I'm not sure if this issue is an error or an "undocumented" feature.

In one of my recent games as Axis against the AI, I let my Italians take Norway & Sweden.

Much to my surprise Both Germany & Italy gets Swedish & Norwegian MPPs. Germany through the convoys and Italy through conquest.

A Bug?

(Version 1.02)

[ July 03, 2006, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: TommyT ]

• 2 months later...

TommyT, just an FYI that this has been fixed for the next patch.

John DiFool the 2nd, while it could be seen that if Italy converted Iraq that they should then be under Italian control but this is just how the current system works, i.e. the Axis parent remains the same regardless of whose diplomatic activity brought them over the top. I guess it could be considered that Italy just helped push Iraq over the top to join the Axis cause but their main allegiance is still with Germany.

At the moment only the cash for Italy makes it worth a consideration to battle for Skandinavia as Axis - with advantages (cash for Italy) and disadvantages ( US/russian readiness increase, amphib costs).

If this will change now in 1.05 and Axis will get no mpps any more from Skandinava (since every good allied player will bomb Kiel port out of order..), there should be a new incentive for a campaign in the north and be it another german port (Königsberg) for (part of) the convois.

I might not understand correctly here but I believe the bug was that both Germany and Italy received MPP from capturing Norway... now the only change for v1.05 is that if Italy captures Norway it would still only be Germany that would be the benefactor as they are the only Axis major with the convoy relationship.

Essentially it is not that the Axis do not gain or lose MPP, rather that the MPP relationship via convoy is maintained as was originally intended, i.e. regardless of who forced the surrender of Norway.

Theoretically Germany gets the mpps from Skandinavia. But it only gets them when the convoi to Kiel is active. And every good allied player is bombing Kiel out of order in every game (standard procedure smile.gif ). So effectively Germany gets no mpps from Skandinavia, no matter if it is neutral, conquered or liberated by Axis.

But since in 1.04 Italy still gets mpps at least from Sweden (Norway is usually conquered by England), Axis have an incentive to do a scandinavian campaign and battle with Allies in Sweden and Norway - which is at the moment the most interesting campaign in the mid game between France and Barbarossa.

If now this incentive will be removed and no new one implemented, then most likely this northern territory will become again neglected with England simply holding Norway and Sweden remaining neutral - and an interesting option will be missing smile.gif .

Yep, and additionally to changing port for Sweden, I would propose to increase the percentage of transported ressources when Sweden gets conquered or liberated by Axis. If they get more mpps than when it´s neutral (like it is now with Italy getting 100%), there is an incentive.

E.g. increase it from 60% while it is neutral to 90% or 100% when it is conquered/liberated.

• 1 month later...

I noticed the same thing with Iraq (this was patch 1.03).

If USSR captures Iraq they get the MPP from Iraq, but the convoy also starts, providing the same MPP to UK. So eventually both USSR and UK got 48 MPP each from Iraq. What a goldmine!

There may be other convoys that have the same issue. What happens if USA conquers Norway?

Hubert probably got this covered, but I thought I'd report it to make sure it gets fixed.