Operations Assistance

I never have been a player of the Operations in the game and I am playing a user based Operation. My question is this, at the beginning of a battle in the Operation component it asks you to set up your units within the green based outline. Are you supposed to leave your original troops in the same place or should you move them into new positions. I have been moving my troops into the new forward positions and was curious.

You can move them anywhere within the setup zones of subsequent battles, but bear in mind that some operations have the no-man's land setting set to zero, meaning you could literally have the two sides begin the game within kissing distance of each other. Depending on who kisses who first, it could make or break the rest of the game. My suggestion is to play as realistic as possible, with units in cover and a distance away from the front lines.

Some folks prefer to play by a rule known as "play where they lay" which basically means you leave the units in place and begin the next battle as though the action never stopped. Depending on the situation this is sometimes the most realistic option.

Also keep in mind that, again depending on the situation, some units will begin the game within their own exclusive setup zone. This is meant to signify units that have pushed far ahead of the main advance and find themselves cutoff when the next battle begins. These smaller setup zones are always a different color than the main zone, and only the units currently in it at setup can deploy there. You have a choice of leaving them there, and possibly losing them if the enemy deploys nearby, or pulling them back inside the main zone.