DAMM BUGGY: DIRECTSOUND?

Originally posted by Agamemnon:

I get the same error in a hotseat game when Romania joins. The game crashes to the desktop. I will try the 3D thing.

Yep. Same thing. France surrenders, Pro-Axis coup in Iraq, sometimes a Pro-Allied coup in Yugo, then Bulgaria, Romania, or Hungary tries to join the Axis and the bug hits.

I have a game saved exactly before it happens if you need it, Hubert. But switching to 3D units does seem to work. Going back to the 2D units after it has passed works, until another of the 3 of Hungary/Romania/Bulgaria goes to the Axis.

BTW, Norway keeps up its shipments after it's been conquered in the 1939 campaign; not sure if that's intended.

I'm using patch 1.01. Edit: Okay didn't realize there was a second patch already; thought you meant it was in the works. I'll give it a try.

- Chris

[ June 09, 2006, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

If it is conquered by Germany then it is by design and just a part of how the convoy system works... i.e. the convoy relationship is maintained whether it is friendly or occupied by the country receiving the convoy supplies.

Yep, it was conquered by Germany. Good to know it's just part of the game.

And the game crash seems to have been fixed. Thanks!

- Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Best bet is to send me the crashed turn in question, please send either the applicable 'autosave' if you still have it or the contents of the 'ERROR' directory. This way I can see the error (in my code) and correct it for the next patch otherwise if it does not occur on my end through testing it may never be fixed, thanks!

Hubert

Hubert, here is the error log. I'm not sure how much info you can derive from this. As I think it also shows earlier crashes. I think you may find the zipped autosave file here... autosave file .

Thanks.

log as follows...

[05/08/2006 10:49:51; 5.1.2600; 1600x1200x32(1); v1.00.00] DIRECTX FAILED(draw_target_cursor_to_buffer): dderr_surfacelost

[05/13/2006 12:52:27; 5.1.2600; 1600x1200x32(1); v1.00.00] DIRECTX FAILED(draw_target_cursor_to_buffer): dderr_surfacelost

[06/07/2006 10:58:53 DIRECTSOUND FAILED(draw_sprite_on_map_surface): dserr_invalidparam

[06/08/2006 11:29:43 DIRECTSOUND FAILED(draw_sprite_on_map_surface): dserr_invalidparam

[06/08/2006 11:33:56 DIRECTSOUND FAILED(draw_sprite_on_map_surface): dserr_invalidparam

[06/26/2006 11:29:51 DIRECTSOUND FAILED(draw_sprite_on_map_surface): dserr_invalidparam

[ June 26, 2006, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Agent Smith ]

Hubert,

Played from autosave, likewise appeared okay.

Played many turns in and still nothing.

Odd!

Will continue playing and manually save every couple of turns. If error becomes 'repeatable', will let you know.

Thanks.

A.S.

...and as an 'isoview' non-hex grid sceptic, I have to add my voice to the large chorus of approval ringing out across this board; good job sir.

(although for SC3, at least a top down map view option tongue.gif )