1.03 patch problem

I have played the game a bunch of times. since installing the 1.03 patch I get a message that I am using too many system resources. The game freezes. I can continue from an autsave after rebooting. The game will freeze up again after a while with the same message.

Any suggestions anyone.

Hubert, Help!

Since installing the 1.03 patch, the game hangs up or dumps me into windows. I have only one CD-ROM drive in my system, but do have 2 hard drives, C & D. Game is properly installed in default directory. No previous problems with 1.0 or 1.02. I am not using any previous saves, playing a game begun from scratch in 1.03.

On a couple of occasions, the game gives me a DOS style error message box which disappears too quickly for me to read. :confused:

If it helps, most lockups occur as I'm accessing unit icons to add reinforcements. On one occasion there was a video ghost image frozen on the screen of part of the popup box for the unit. That particular lockup froze my entire system. The other errors have been mostly sudden dumps out of the game, sometimes with the too-hurried error message.

[ August 17, 2002, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: gunnergoz ]

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't get my machine to run 1.03. I click on the icon and I get a very brief flash of some DOS screen and then nothing.

I've got a good machine that ran the orignal version fine. At a total loss what to do. As a result I've not managed to have a PBEM game yet.