Zapp Welcome to the PL

Dragonheart

Hi Zapp

Originally posted by zappsweden:

Dragonheart:

Gee, I do not know. From what I know, there is at leist one person at Panzerliga working hard to spread out lies about Rambo and me by insinuating we are trying to cheat the system.

Who is that?

I follow the PL forum quit regularly and I sure haven't come across that guy.

The things discussed in the PL forum relate more to the problems arising in the PL from the integration of SC in general into the PL. It's not about you, Rambo or anybody else.

There are other games that are traditionally played in the PL and the league was designed for them. Now that SC is integrated problems arise that may lead to a discrimination of those players in the PL that still play those other games exclusively.

That discussion in the PL forum arose for the first time before you and Rambo even enterred the league. It was brought to attention after Terif crushed his first opponents in record time.

What happened now is that that same subject was brought again to notice and some solutions got to be found.

Feldtrompeter

Feldtrompeter:

Maybe I DO need some help with the German language:

A quote from a PL topic "Punktvergabe bei SC":

"

Von daher ärgert es mich persönlich schon etwas - und andere offenbar auch - wenn jetzt (2 ;) Spieler kommen und dann ihre Mini-Spiele im 5 er Pack machen, von denen jedes nur eine halbe bis eine Stunde dauert. Und dann vielleicht in Zukunft das jeweils reporten wollen...nur weil 2 sich einig sind die Spieldauer auf max. 1 Stunde zu begrenzen (Der eine hatte ja schon die Idee - und wird sogar in seinem Turnier verwendet !! - ein France Shootout zu machen: das Spiel geht nur bis zum Fall von Paris und endet dann automatisch, wer es innerhalb der angesagten Zeit schafft, hat gewonnen...Wenn das dann auch noch reported werden darf mit vollen Punkten, dann weiss ich auch nicht mehr...).

"

In English according to my translate software:

From there it annoys me personally already something - and other obviously also - if now (2;) players come and then do her mini-plays in 5 he to stack from which everybody lasts only one half to one hour. And then maybe in future in each case reporten want ... only because 2 unitedly are to be limited the play duration to max. 1 hour (one had already the idea - and is used even in his tournament!! - to do a France Shootout: the play goes only up to the case of Paris and then ends automatically who creates it within the announced time, has won... If this may become then still reported with full points, I also no more know ...).

I could "translate" the above to something like

"Rambo and Zappsweden is trying to cheat the system".

That topic started on December 19 so tell me the insinuations/lies are not about the latest Rambo vs Zappsweden games... :rolleyes:

That is why I call it a lie, and yes it was NOT you writing it. My translating software could be wrong, so please help me out if you want.

[ December 23, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Zapp this software is crap....Terif said that he is happy that you joined and you will soon can play ag each other :D:D:D

ROFL.....sry... :D

Look into your MB i give you an exact explanation of the problem

Tanks Dragonheart!

You can start by translating "MB", LOL!

Hi Zapp

You are right indeed that the topic „Punktevergabe bei SC” is a very recent thread. But the subject dealt with relates back to the thread “Aktionsbonus” opened on 11.11.2003.

If you would go back to that thread and read starting from Terif’s second post onward you will see that we discussed the role of SC in the PL already back then.

The problem is basically this:

Player PG plays only the traditional game Panzer General 3D

Player SC plays only SC.

1) Both win the two games within a PL match.

Player PG gets max. 10 points at the most (which is unlikely).

Player SC gets 22 points.

2) Both loose the two games within a PL match.

Player PG gets min 1 point.

Player SC gets min 4 points.

Now look at this:

a)

Player SC plays against an opponent and their usual games lasts in general till 1946 or about 100 turns in PBEM.

Player SC plays 10 matches and looses all the time badly. He collects 40 points in the PL.

Player PG plays 10 matches against an opponent and looses badly as well. He collects 10 points in the PL.

So both players have played 10 games but player SC gets more points for his losses than player PG. But that is no problem: Since a SC game of player SC lasts about four times longer than the games of player PG, player PG is able, if he likes to, to play 40 matches in the time player SC plays his 10 matches an thus to collect as many points as player SC.

B)

Player SC plays against an opponent and their usual games last till fall of 1940 or about 20 turns in PBEM.

Player SC plays 10 matches and wins them all. He collects 220 points.

Player PG plays 10 matches and wins them all collecting 7 points average per match. He collects 70 points.

Both players have played 10 games in the same time. But player SC gets about thrice the points player PG receives. That is what we call discrimination.

And this is the problem currently discussed in the PL.

It is true that I brought that topic up again in the thread you referred to because of the AAR you and Rambo posted here at Battlefront. And it is also true that the quote you posted was about you and Rambo.

But the problem that I described above needs to be fixed even if it weren’t you but others who play mini matches.

It is NOT to diswelcome you in the PL. The opposite is true. We simply need to find some regulations that guarantee a fair treatment of all players in the PL.

You are NOT cheating. The rules in the PL cannot handle at this time that in SC mini games and maxi games are possible. And that is surely NOT your fault.

Feldtrompeter

• 2 weeks later...