Medicina -- Yoicks Tally Ho!

"Medicina -- Yoicks Tally Ho!" (CMAK)

Breaking the rules of combined arms tactics, C Squadron of the 14th/20th King's Hussars is ordered to charge into the town of Medicina without infantry support. Historical situation, units and map.

Late in the day of April 16, 1945, Brigadier Barker orders the attack. Would the gamble find the Germans in disarray and force a quick surrender of the town? Or would the Germans rise to the defense and destroy the tanks in close quarters combat?

I made this map large to allow the British room to manuever their mechanized force. Will work as either 2 player or British vs AI.

Please leave comments in the discussion area. Thanks! smile.gif

UPDATE Feb. 5, 2007

This scenario has been updated based on playtesting at the proving grounds. Made into AI and H2H (2 Player) versions. Thanks to playtesters who have left comments. I could use a fresh pair of eyes to give the AI version a run through.

Moved to TSD, Sept. 3, 2007

See updated links in Sept. 3 message below.

Thanks to all playtesters at TPG.

Bannon

[ September 03, 2007, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Bannon DC ]

• 3 weeks later...

I just DL'ed yours. Different take on the map.

I based mine on current Google Earth and scaled back the size of the town. Mine is much more open field and flatter. I even added a grove of trees here and there that isn't present on the satellite map.

Do you still have the pamphlete from the regimental history? Is it possible to scan and email to me?

I played the first few turns and will leave comments at TSD when done.

Hey Bannion

My first look thru didn't find that document. I tend to discard information from completed scenarios but I believe I would have kept that as it arrived by snail mail.

I didn't have google maps at that time and had to make due with a very crude sketch map.

Will make another sweep of the documents tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This image shows modern landscape. Mostly flat farmland. I scaled back size of city. Image here is roughly same size as scenario map.

Travel time from southern entrance to city outskirts takes about 2 minutes. British force is Shermans and infantry mounted on Priest Kangoroos ("de-frocked priests" as they were called tongue.gif ). The size of the map and the mechanized force makes for a challenging game for the Allies as the player most plan his moves 2-4 turns in advance.

Medicina2kx2x.jpg

[ February 07, 2007, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Bannon DC ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...