• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA would have been a very tough cake for Germany to digest
Cake?

Nah, nichts-nix.

More like... RHUBARB PIE!

LOL! ;)

Enjoyed your analysis of the "American Empire" cosmin.

Some good and valid points in there.

One thing to remember about us, as a kind of "over-riding principal" of Existence... we have ALWAYS been an itinerant, inspirited group who delight in pushing toward... "the Frontier."

Well, now that there is no more land to gravitate towards (... hmmm, ALL that pristine space up in... Canada! ... look out Les the Sarge! here we come! LOL!)... well, we have this WANDERLUST, like I say, so we TEND to focus and project... "outward" and as a side effect, usually make immense fun of people who... examine the difficult "inner sanctum," IE, by way of... "psychology."

No-one other than lawyers, or Harvard elitists are zapped! (... Yale is apparently OK as an elitist haven, in New Haven) more than Psychologists in this country.

I suspect it's because of all the internecine and incestuous "shadow-boxing" that takes place down in the callow American "psyche."

Thus, you have OBVIOUS "repressions" by our public figures, who feel the need to "act out" and otherwise behave as though they were DELIGHTED to be... ignorant.

Yep, it's a STRANGE thing to witness, this repression of the Libido! Which is where Hollywood comes in... a nice, safe Disney-esque method to "sublimate" honest and compelling desires.

Same way we tend to disfigure and bluntly "project" honest and common aggressions by way of that "homo-erotic" sport of football.

Well, back to the original premise: I tell you now that America is STILL fighting the Civil War of 1850-60s, and 1950s-60s, so we have a long, l-o-o-o-ng way to go BEFORE we can integrate old Confederate Aristocrat-notions, let alone the more modern, and apparently Ego and Id threatening nature of "Other-oriented" cultures and consequent zeitgeists.

Since we CANNOT advance any further West-ward ho! ho!... well, we pause, and hunker, and look around and say... hmmm, ALL that desert land in the Middle East, which, it just so happens!... has got these great and bubbling puddles of... OIL! Isn't that chance happenstance! :D

And so, ipso facto and forward ho, we MUST introduce "democracy" to those backward folks! So our mighty pseudo Capitalist State can continue humming along like some sort of gol' darned... Perpetual Motion Machine!

There you have a few of my hard-learned opinions, which as we know, are as common as can be, like each of our... ephemeral "orgone energy centers" - everybody's got 'em! LOL! ;)