"Gamey Tactics" makes it even for the allies

SeaMonkey

It seems to me that the allies can somewhat offset the axis imbalance by:

1. DOW Ireland, Low Countries, Denmark, Norway*, ie. not all at once

2. Ambush/Invade Italy upon entry.

3. Invasion of Portugal with subsequent withdrawal

4. Blitz the Baltic

5. Remix forces through disbanding of naval assets.

Some more ideas? Timing is important.

SeaMonkey I think you have some very good ideas. I have tried some of these and have had similar success. I think one other point to add is that we can "get away" with some of these vs the AI. However vs an experienced SC player I dont think we would have the same sucess. tongue.gif

STRATEGIC COMMAND provides a very interesting example of thinking outside of the box when discusses how "gamey tactics" can be used to make the anemic Allies, currently in the game, more robust. All these "gamey tactics" essentially direct the game along the lines that the Allies are able to stop and Axis attack early in the game. These tactics seek to offset the fact that the looting concept provides the Axis with the surplus cash to create a much more potent military than the Allies. Once the dynmaic of the Axis success is established in the game. It is all but impossible to stop.

Yet, this contrasts exactly opposite with what happened historically. Historically, the Axis met with great success at start; yet, the Allies came back and won. Why is that?

So, in short, I do not see the panacea of the Allies using a few gamey tactics redressing the incredible proAxis slant in SC except on the first game or two until a player sees how this happens.

SC can and should be a better game than that.

[ October 04, 2002, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: sogard ]