re-conquered France

DennisBoz

@jjr LOL

@dennisboz() smile.gif - it depends if the allies rescued french heavy pieces or a hq during Dunkerque. If you saved a fr tank, or armies it may be interesting to rack up some cash to buy that fr HQ. If you rescued the a fr HQ, you can buy some corps and maybe 1-2 armies. If you rescued nada, just do what Blashy told you - use fr corps to cover areas less exposed to an axis counterattack.

All i have left is one French army. The corps was used to take Ireland.

Does anyone AVOID taking Paris? Just kill the unit in it and cut it off from German supply and leave it behind to keep the MPPs British?

Now to decide if i push straight into LC/Germany or take Portugal/Spain (both still neutral) first.

Dennis, interesting situation. The MPPs are better off in my opinion Brit so you can reinforce and bolster the RAF to kill Germany Faster. As for Spain and Port, this Germany most be relatively weak, that would take a bit of time to kill those puppies off and if you've already gotten to Paris, and he doesn't have the essential neutrals, game should be over unless he's kicking the Reds?

Personally just kick back, slowly destroy Germany, cut him off in Vichy definitely, push on all his resources if Russia is secure... Hammer Scandanavia even, occuppy as much Real Estate as possible choking this Poor Germany until she cannot out produce you, you won ;) so long as you know what you're doing tactically

Originally posted by DennisBoz:

All i have left is one French army. The corps was used to take Ireland.

Does anyone AVOID taking Paris? Just kill the unit in it and cut it off from German supply and leave it behind to keep the MPPs British?

Now to decide if i push straight into LC/Germany or take Portugal/Spain (both still neutral) first.

I always take Paris. To avoid taking it, is, I believe the actions of a Rules Mechanic - someone who exploits weaknesses in the game (or rules) for an unrealistic event. The same applies to surrounding an opponents capital without taking it or avoiding the triggers for the Siberian garrison. If someone does any of these I counter with a quick resignation and dont play them again

'avoiding the triggers for the Siberian garrison' - this is not gamey imho. Axis usually stop 4 hexes before trigger hexes to reinforce their line or operate west. It is like if Adolf really had a brain back then smile.gif

If russia is too strong (remember axis fight with less supply past smolensk/leningrad/kharkow) so it is difficult to push back the reds, or the allies are dangerously close to cutting off Axis' empire or even enter Germany, why to trigger the siberians and potentially lose the game?

I'm certian you don't get many games Alexander ;)

What HR said is 110% correct, it would be a great blunder to give a game away. This is not WW2 this is SC.

Originally posted by Alexanderthe_OK:

I always take Paris. To avoid taking it, is, I believe the actions of a Rules Mechanic - someone who exploits weaknesses in the game (or rules) for an unrealistic event. The same applies to surrounding an opponents capital without taking it or avoiding the triggers for the Siberian garrison. If someone does any of these I counter with a quick resignation and dont play them again

A pause is fine, but to avoid the 4 hexes around Moscow and Stalingrad is indeed poor form. Cant remember who did that to me but he is on the list of people I wont be playing again.

That isn't the only trigger Alexander. There are others. For instance, the ratio of Axis to Allied units. If the Axis have taken Smolensk or Rostov in combo with unit ratio can have to do with Siberians. Not that Siberians are all that important when you've got a major Bid going. Usually by the time Axis have reached these objectives the game is over anyways and the Siberians at best can slow the process.

Though use the above if you like in hotseat and test forcing your opponent to trigger you by properly trading units keeping his experience down. Also leave open certian cities, especially Smolensk and there is quite a huge gap that tiggers around Moscow. It's been awhile since I've attacked USSR as usually by then game was over for them. Usually...

• 1 month later...

yeah, i know the deal, but i counter with a quick surrounding strategy and get him to beat the dust, and i play him again for more blitz victories.