Albanian Front / Greek Mods?

My father grew up in the Greek border town of Ioannina and was 9 years old when the Italians declared war in late October 40'. He related an absurdly amazing story to me.

The Italians sent a number of tanks across the border that had to be stopped at all costs. In the absence of AT weapons, the Greek forces laid blankets in front of these tanks. The blankets got tangled in their tracks, thus immobilizing them. The Greeks then stormed the tanks, pulled their crews out and killed them. Unbelievable but true.

If anyone knows where I can find Albanian Front scenarios, Greek forces (modified French?) please show me the way.

Many thanks.

[ July 01, 2006, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Evzone ]

Someone started a massive Greek modding project, but hasn't been heard from in a long, long time. I recall stumbling across a Greek scenario or two in the Scenario Depot salvage files at cmmods.com. They're under CMAK. I don't remeber what the names of the scenarios were, and there are quite a few to dig through. Maybe someone else knows more than I?

John Kettler,

poor Italian tank crews driving around in their state of the art military equipment. I read somewhere that the Italian crews in North Africa took to wearing wrenches around their necks ('here, open my tank with this') thus demonstrating the little faith they had in their tanks and the protection that these afforded them. More of a reference to their poor armour.

Stoat, thanks for your tip. I stumbled across the thread re the Greek modding project, very promising. Shame it never materialized. I will look in the salvage files as you suggest.

Evzone