Sign in to follow this  
Curry

Air or Manstein?

I'm hoping this thread may help some newer players. When I was new I didnt realize how important HQ's were and I still see that mistake in playing new players.

QUESTION: In the battle of France. When you get the plunder from Poland and Denmark as Axis do you.

1) Always buy Manstein. - Very top priority

2) Usually buy Manstein.

3) Buy Air first then maybe a leader like Manstein

4) I dont have a clue what you are talking about.

I use to just buy air and try to pound into France with lots of air. But now I almost always but Manstein and beleive he is key to breaking the French line with air.

A third HQ is a must anyway..and the best choice is manstein.....as long you have not all units moved to the west you can go along with 2 hq and buy additional Air....but latest with the plunder of denmark or poland (depends who surrenders first) you buy manstein.

1, the experience he gains in France as well as that of the units he supports will greatly aid you later on.

Also you need to keep in mind a wise Allied player will purchase Monty HQ rather quickly. So unless you want to see your glorious Luftwaffe bested by a few RAF fighters, your gonna need Manstein.