Huge (18,000 pts) PBEM Botrytis II scenario posted & resurrected

Botrytis II (v2.2) @ The Proving Grounds:

Had a few request lately for the re-posting of this revised scenario that went down in flames due to previous scenario host going belly-up.

Be warned. It's massive and intended for PBEM play only. The whole kitchen sink for both sides and a lot of toys to play with.

See original thread (3 years ago!) here. Slightly revised, as noted in the combined briefing.

Dieseltaylor,

Yes, Botrytis II was version 1.0 then. Currently on 2.2, though the briefing states Oct04 for the latest version, which is not correct. Been fiddeling/tweaking it until Dec05.

Made it also easier for the Russian regarding traffic control, plus set-up zones extended for a lot of PBEM replay value.

After extensive playtesting the following changes have been implemented:

(1) I have added a substantial amount of extra flags in the German-held villages. Casualties (and unit points!) on the Russian side will be high. Therefor, the extra victory flags/points will ensure that the Russian player will achieve a "Tactical Victory" if he successfully holds the 2 towns, even though the Russian casualty rating might be 1:1 (or worse) compared to the Axis. [see Treeburst155's insightful "Scenario Flag Thesis" on the CMAK forum]

(2) Removed all Russian Molotovs. Real anti-tank work can only start once the Molotovs have been used up.

(3) Have unlocked certain units to give both players greater flexibility and PBEM replayability.

(4) Have lessen reinforcement micro-management - especially the Russian side - by introducing more entry slots for said war material.

(5) Feedback received suggests a not-too-experienced Axis player can easily hold the Russian advances due to scenario's inherent bottleneck terrain. Consequently, Axis war material reduced slightly. Scenario now in essence a Russian attack and not a probe.

(6) Added extra smoke-firing Russian FO's and reduced high calibre German artillery somewhat.

(7) Ammo load-out for Russian armor increased, as well as canister + smoke rounds for lend-lease Shermans.

(8) Turn limit now 60 turns (variable).

--

I had a blast playing Version 1.0 a few years back. Experienced my most memorable (worst) minute in CMBB which I still have saved on my PC.

Something really bad happened involving a 200 man human wave attack against (as I found out later) a single, unsupressed platoon of Germans, and having three of my best tanks (at various angles/ranges) taken out by a single German tank.

All in the same 1-minute movie.

I still hate you for that Malakovski!! :D