Sign in to follow this  
Alexanderthe_OK

Lets get back to SC1

Well, I tried SC2 - certainly tried it for longer than Lords of the Realm 3 but today I unlicenced it and gave it to someone else. Good to see some old friends back playing SC1 now - I am back up to 6 current games but could use some more.

Hubert - if you read these posts, can I just mention a company called Ascaron - About 7 years ago they produced a great game called Port Royale. They responded to suggestions by producing (so far to my knowledge) 6 similar games. How about you do the same for SC. Some of SC2 was good, but the isometrics, large pieces and no hexes ruined the game for me (but I concede, not for others). I hope to see a SC3

Question - is anyone else still playing SC1?

I think SC2 is a better game all around, yet I love the basic SC. I love the hexes over the tiles, but its not just that. I think it will go down as one of the all time classic stategy type war games. It has to be a classic and hard to beat for old timers like me to just enjoy a simple game.

I am willing to take you up on that in a bit. Just d/l SC one again (after a few years of not having...).

So let me polish up again and we'll hit it.

Just wondering if there are any significant mods or anything done for SC1??