Zapp vs Liam Hot Tourny

Liam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axis take back LC.

Russia lands in Sweden, Stockholm trenches knocked down, Garrison knocked down 13->5, Stockholm totally surrounded and will fall next turn.

Russia reveal Jets L1, position in Finland using air cover for Sweden invasion.

Bergen was empty and taken by Allies.

Allies sink one cruiser near Norway.

Liam has to go away for dinner, game break again :(

Well, sorry for the late AAR Report folks but I've been busy and my brain has been on the schitz, I've lost so many games the last month or so and I cannot focus or concentrate well..

Anyways, No excuses...

Zapp played a superb RAI and he took some early advantages but it cost him much valuable chits and MPPs. With ALL the Minors Germany has made a comeback. I played on with near zero tech till well past Barbarossa. I got lucky finally got Jet Tech 3-4 turns into Barby. He did well in taking France as I couldn't move in Russia<after Finland fell and he reinforced with his own AT and many tanks> I have managed to kill several armies and several corps even still. Knocked out a Red Cruiser and interdicted few his Russian Planes

After I got Tech Reds retreat their Air, I operate back Took Paris cut USA's forces in half in LC and Brest. Then proceeded to mop up with superior Luftwaffe now his focus went to Norway and Sweden... That's where the game will be decided. Germans damaged UK Carrier to 2. Reds going to take Sweden

;) lets see, fun game, great one in fact, Zapp has proven his best game vs me here..

• 2 weeks later...

well, zapp is loading sweden with 10-15 red units and trying to hit bergen sideways and crush axis forces, so far we hold strong and the allied infidels are in a weak position

Italian frogmen off Washington D.C. were only stopped by a brave detachment of operating 1 strength RAF unit to cover the coastal defense. We dominate the scene in the East and West is all quiet

Well Zapp Runs out just as my forces are whooping his arse outta Sweden ;)

He's chasing after Yoda's Ghost... Germans at AT 4, Brits never reaching past Jet2s cause of RAI... Reds failed to make a move buying too much armor and I'm now reading to plow through Russia like a 5 turn plan and clean house... Just operated 6 airfleets to do the job and there is zero resistance in the West. No Royal Navy, USA Army to contend with they're too battered after failed D-Day...

10-15 Reds sit in Sweden being picked off by the LW 1 by 1... basically a slaughterfest... easy kill for me...

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Hmm i fear a way to kick me finally out of this tourney is the victory vs zapp by you. This was the only way to stop me now. :D

Really ;) Heh! I lost to you in this tourny now I beat the guy who beat you? I guess I may win afterall?

Dunno. HR and I are still at it.. Rambo and I never had an official Tourny game, dunno if we'll even bother. This Tourny is falling a part I Think.. More for the fun DH

Next time I face you I will beat you DH ;) You're much like Master Yoda but I shall take you down! Power to the darkside!

Relax duded. Firstly, I have plenty of jet chits for USA and UK regardless of RAI and it is only a matter of time before I get the final jet L3. When I get that, my carriers and air is gonna commit fully in Scandinavia. Ofcourse, if I never get L3 jets I might be srewed but that is my current plan (may change).

Originally posted by zappsweden:

Relax duded. Firstly, I have plenty of jet chits for USA and UK regardless of RAI and it is only a matter of time before I get the final jet L3. When I get that, my carriers and air is gonna commit fully in Scandinavia. Ofcourse, if I never get L3 jets I might be srewed but that is my current plan (may change).

with 1/3rd again more land units and totally equal air to you it's over Zapp. Face it ;)

I am about to steamroll Russia, you have sent 7 of your 12 tanks there and about 2 or 3 HQs, 4-5 Corps and probably an army<the cost has been staggering, I merely moved several corps 2 or 3 armies in. You're short on what you need and my units are now uberexperienced. D-Day failed and 3-4 invading units have already died trying to take Scandanavia. It was a desperate measure and the gain was what 35-45 MPPs? I'm making that up by killing of 1 of your units per turn. Now Russia is wide open and each turn I double my hits there over what damage you do... It has been a nightmare. Even if you ever hit Jets 3, it will be too late. Russia will be finished. You're only prayer is Jets and Carriers to save you but if you'll never break Germany now. My armies are too strong, I probably have 14-15 level 4 armies. 10 Fighters. 6 HQs, 10 German Corps. 15-20 mixed Italian Minor Units. What do you have? 20 Russian mainline units? 12 of which are tanks. 3-4 Western Fighters? Maybe 3 or 4 American Armies left... You're toast

@Liam

Cant imagine that you win next time. ;) On the other hand a single game is easy lost. Some bad rolls, minor mistakes and one is doomed. The real skill you find out in a best of xx series but never in one single game. Unfortunately i had a bad start in this tourney. My good shape came to late otherwise i would have won this for sure. tongue.gif

March 1944:

Axis makes a big mistake, they take Bergen and the port. Allies gets the nice attack spot for all the UK and US air in UK (since German air will intercept near Bergen). Combined with all 5 russian jets in Sweden and carriers they make an all out attack.

Result is that axis loses Manstein, cruiser and several AF. USA lose one AF.

Air superiority over scandinavia is now TOTAL for Allies. Norway will fall to Allies in a few turns.

Rundstedt and Kesselring are also in Norway, no escape for them.

Things looking very good for Allies now!

[ June 29, 2005, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]