Scenario for Playtest - A Marshal's Promise Feb 1944

Originally posted by Stoffel:

I have played 13 turns,so far my advance goes well.

Lost a few halftracks but there are numerous smokeclouds from burning T34's allready smile.gif

keep you informed:)

Thanks, Stoffel! This is the first scenario on which I've worked that has been shared with the community. Hopefully, you'll find it challenging and fun.

Originally posted by Aragorn2002:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by juan_gigante:

[JasonC]Make smaller battles![/JasonC]

Why don't you do all of us a favour and play Jason C's battles and leave those of us who like bigger battles in peace? And try to remember the manners your mother must have tried to teach you. </font>

For what it's worth, I have played this scenario, and think that with a slight reduction in map size and number of turns it would have been a perfect candidate for a ROW tournament. Had it been around for ROW III it probably would have garnered the same praise as Tiger valley did for ROW V.

Originally posted by Aragorn2002:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by juan_gigante:

[JasonC]Make smaller battles![/JasonC]

Why don't you do all of us a favour and play Jason C's battles and leave those of us who like bigger battles in peace? And try to remember the manners your mother must have tried to teach you. </font>

In that case, Juan_gigante, I humbly and sincerly apologize.

And there is indeed a predictable pattern in C's posting with regard to the larger scenarios. He now makes his own SMALLER scenarios and let's hope that keeps him busy for a while.

It makes me lose my temper if people don't see to appreciate all the work involved for great scenario developers like George MC, Panther Commander and now also Shmavis. My sense of humour also seems to be suffering from it now. ;)

Personally I think the size of this scenario is perfect. A battle like this can't be played any other size. I'm almost through and will send my comments to Shmavis and George MC this evening or tomorrow. Thoroughly enjoy it!

Hello, all! I just got back from a 2-day trip. So, I'm just getting back to responding to thread posts, e-mail, etc.

Juan, I didn't realize that was a trend. Interesting.

Kingfish, thanks for the kind words, and(again) your comments at TPG.

Aragorn2002, I appreciate the compliment, but I would hardly consider myself "great" at scenario design. I've learned quite a bit after this first posted scenario, though. Since I have just now returned, I'm a bit tired to make any changes to it tonight. I didn't have anything big planned anyway.

Later,

Shmavis