• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes many thanks terif! jersey john is now free to participate! :D

one question to jerseyjohn though--

if by some strange quirk...

if by some strange trick of fate...

if the incredible of incredible happens...

if the alignment of the planets is such...

if by(well you get the point)

if jerseyjohn somehow manages to win :D , how can he perform a ceremony upon himelf? wouldn't he have to defer to the pope or somebody? oh well, we'll cross that bridge if we need to.

No problemo, as many people have hinted numerous times I'm blessed with a fratured dual personality challenge -- you guessed it, and told so by some of the nation's finest shrinks. Provided I have space enough to move around the awards table my first self can hand it to my second self and they'll both be extremely pleased. Afterwards I can resume taking my medication and the one always trying to break out will be locked safely inside -- or visa versa.

Aside from which, the chances of me winning are extremely slim. Forseeing such an impossible awards presentation I've encouraged several fine gentlemen to enter who will turn Jersey into Jelly.

[ May 25, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Sign me up: rrweeks@attbi.com

I'm one of many who can't devote long stretches of time to TCP, especially with a new job starting in a week or so. I do however like to mix and match PBEM and TCP, especially TCP'ing at the games onset, to get things rolling. But I'm easy, whatever my opponent can fit in is fine with me.

Bob

Hi,

would like to join. Normally play Hotseat so will do me good to get out and get battered by someone new. Probably can only play PBEM due to work committments (maybe some IP at weekends). Are players going to be intially organised into timezones to make IP more practical?

terry--

Hi,

Probably can only play PBEM due to work committments (maybe some IP at weekends). Are players going to be intially organised into timezones to make IP more practical?

thanks for joining! as this first round lasts 45 days from the time scenario is sent out, it will be completely up to the two first round combatants what they want to do. if they play one day at 5:00 a.m. and the next day(or week) at 9:00 p.m., or completely by pbem, that will be up to the two players.

ip/pbem/ or a combo of the two, it doesnt matter. please contact your first round opponent when he is listed to find out the best times to play. as this is a pbem(with allowances if you want to ip), i believe ip will be the exception rather than the rule. please check back to my first post to see complete rules and how opponents are picked!

for example,i only have small snatches of time available during the day, and at this time am unable to ip. therefore at this time i cant ip at all, and the game will need to be pbem.

but only 45 days maximum from time of start.

Count me in ... pbem works best for me because of my work schedule, but I can occasionally slip in some tcp/ip time. Also, about the "replay until you get it right problem", doesn't the game show how often your opponent reloaded that particular turn? In any case, what's the use of cheating?

As for level, I am currently playing my first non-AI opponent, and feeling the sting. So I definitely qualify for the lower half!

Cheers

As it's crowding the deadline I'd just like to remind everyone to

Disable Undo

when they set up a pbem game, or any game at all. Except when you're going against the AI in which case it's best to turn-off FOW for the AI's sake.

I'm sure disorder will provide us with full setting instructions, just wanted to emphasize this one part of it.

[ May 27, 2003, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

disorder said---

got room for just a few more! sign-up ends wed nite the 28th, first round games posted on thursday nite the 29th, and tourney game zips sent out on friday night the 30th!
wednesday 10:00 p.m. central time is cut-off for sign-up! i think we have room for just two more if you hurry.

settings, additional rules, etc. will be posted thusday a.m., and a list of first round brackets (with e-mails for everyone) will be posted thursday at 10:00p.m. (again central time).

tourney begins immediately upon receipt of zip file on friday nite!

remember to ONLY use the scenario sent to you, as there are some other versions of it around smile.gif

also remember to check and make sure you are version 1.07. it will show up on your "splash" screen when you start up the game, down in the bottom right-hand corner. link to beta 1.07 is here

i have sent a test e-mail to everyone but our last sign-up, "theblackdouglas" and am waiting for his e-mail address!

theblackdouglas said--

You can email me by clicking on the envelope icon, can't you?
why yes i can!! :rolleyes: i guess i learn something every day! i dont know what i thought that little envelope was, but now i know! :D

thanks for helping out the old guy with the first signs of oldtimers disease!

tourney sign-up is OFFICIALLY CLOSED!

16 participants will make an ideal bracket,with no "byes" and participants opponents will be picked tomorrow(as follows)

all pairings will be random picks and placed in a numbered slot. you will either randomly get an "allies" number or an "axis" number.

1-8 allies

1-8 axis

once this is decided, both #1's will play, both #2's will play, etc.

every contestant will have a copy of the scenario, and obviously the german side would go ahead and send the starting move to start the battle round!

all nazi winners will be put on "allies" side and vice-versa. if there is an odd #,it is possible that you would play the same side again.

be watching for SETTINGS and CONTESTANTS & E-MAIL ADDRESSES , TO BE POSTED SOON!

CONTESTANTS & E-MAIL ADDRESSES

glad we could post this a little early!

just putting everything in one spot to make it easier for all to participate.if you see a mistake, please let me know right away!

PARTICIPANTS IN THE FIRST OVER THE TOP TOURNAMENT

in order of sign-up

disorder-- joewells@dailypost.com

xediel -- eldapone@yahoo.com

Panzer39-- Transam00@cox.net

Rannug-- gunnar.elgenstrom@utb.boras.se

Steve C-- scady_11@msn.com

xwormwood--(replaced GREASE in tourney)

xwormwood@t-online.de

Joe Grills--

jjjgrills@cox.net

Reepicheep-- philip.nelson6@verizon.net

TiglethPilisar-- tigleth.pilisar@shaw.ca

JO LE SOUVERAIN-- MKUNSTEK@VIDEOTRON.CA

gavrok--

gavin.colgan@blueyonder.co.uk

Jollyguy--

rrweeks@attbi.com

Terry-- terrymobrien@blueyonder.co.uk

Iron Ranger-- pjflanag@aol.com

TheBlackDouglas-- davidcross@charter.net

KDG-- grashoff@pacbell.net

if any one player requests it, i will delete this list after the first round starts.otherwise i will leave it up throughout the tourney. smile.gif

[ June 01, 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: disorder ]

dessert lancer--

xwormwood--

certainly appreciate the desire to join, sorry, we cant accomodate you. if this one goes well, there is a possibility we might announce another one shortly before the final game.

thanks again!

[ May 28, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: disorder ]