NEW PBEM TOURNAMENT!!

disorder

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PBEM guys,

Just wanted to take time out & say you guys are a class act. This is a great thread from a bunch of classic players. I posted a few pages about "cheating", but that is sooooooo rare.

If you know my track record, you know I attracted those types because of my behavior. When I show cased my game publicly I was headcracking everybody....until Zapp & Terif silenced my guns. Yes, I'm ranked #2 in the world, but usually not for long. Zapp is damn tough & Terif is in another league.

My last game against Terif was my best, yet I still didn't win. I played Axis & conquered Russia, yet lost to UK air & USA army.

Anyhow...back to PBEM.

My comments about "cheaters" was ONLY 2-people out of maybe 50+ opponents. I've been following this thread & it has become quite legendary with the number of responses, so don't let my comments be a factor.

There are too many great wargamers out there with battlefield honor!

Best wishes from Rambo on your tourney, & drink a Silverbullet for me smile.gif

Sincerely,

Rambo-Hollywood-Vegas

General Rambo

"Just wanted to take time out & say you guys are a class act."

And that's coming from a class act! Thanks for helping us get something stable going for PBEM players. You've brought a lot of insight to all of this.

Rambo

Thanks for the support and note

There are too many great wargamers out there with battlefield honor!

Yes we need to keep this in mind, alot has been said in the other PBEM post and maybe we are making a Mountian out of a sand hill.

[ July 06, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

Just a quick update on the game between disorder and myself. For off-field reasons we are having to cut the game short. However, rather than force a concession or limping along until the 45 day limit, we have jointly decided to forward the game to Terif for his judgement. We'll post his feedback in full, if it doesn't pop up here first.

Hi Terry and Disorder,

if you both are sure you want me to decide it, you can see my e-mail adress in the profile.

Then I need the last TWO turns (to make me a better picture about how the game would be developing) from both of you together with the passwords.

If it is ok for you, I will post the decission together with a comment here in the forum and send both of you a copy.

Xediel:

I tried not long ago to post screenshots. Unfortunately to post a screenshot you have to upload the picture to a webpage first. Then you can use the image UBB code to post it in the forum. I tried it with two different image hosting sites, but it didnt work (only displayed the URL but not the picture - with other homepages it worked, but there I couldnt upload the screenshots...).

If you know a place where to upload it or an easier way to post a screenshot, let me know and I will post some combat pictures smile.gif .

regarding sending you my last 2 moves. your e-mail was UNDELIVERABLE and returned(probably my mistake on address, i will try again)

i have an opinion on the outcome, but we didnt want to waste the $15.75/hr we are currently doling out for advisors and adjudicators (what with double time on holidays, etc.)

rambo said--

I've been following this thread & it has become quite legendary with the number of responses
yeh, its kinda scary aint it? i think we better start another thread for round #2 :D if you havent noticed, the thread seems to be bogging (trying not to slur mr. boggs) down lately, and we should probably start another one.

congratulations xediel! better luck next time kdg! 26078638.jpg

link to latest 1st round updates!

[ July 06, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: disorder ]

Theads are locked up by about 220 postings -- the maximum figure last given by Moon is 250.

I'd suggest, as disorder suggested, it's time to start the second thread now, before this part gets padlocked. A padlock doesn't really matter but it's better having a some space left over in case down the road one of us would like to make an entry here.

I'll set up Part Two now and include disorder's recap of game results through this point.

Please make all further postings in the New PBEM Tournament Part II Thread.

Meanwhile, I'm impressed with the sportsmanship displayed by Terry and everyone in general who's participated in this event.

I've also advised the Andromeda Vanity Hilton that human beings neither ride molten lava rapids nor relax in acid pools. They're very puzzled and have sent some investigators to get a better idea of what human parameters. Glad we were able to straighten that out ahead of time!

[ July 06, 2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]